Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what this means and why it comes up on my DIS every time I switch off my ignition? It's beginning to annoy me.

If it MUST repeat the same message every single time, I'd rather it was a nicer one, like "have a good day" or "come back soon".

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thus is to remind you that if you press the remote once, the doors will be deadlocked.
I suppose so you don't lock anyone inside the car accidently :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hey, that's such a good point. I've ignored it, assuming everything is ok.( I never read manuals ). What does it mean and why is it there? Shame you can't edit it like a welcome screen on a mobile. You could put some great messages for your other halfs, any ideas?

·
Registered
208 Posts
So deadlocks mean the car can't be opened from the inside without the keyfob?

·
Registered
84 Posts
3noisynippersandacat said:
So deadlocks mean the car can't be opened from the inside without the keyfob?
Correct

·
Registered
274 Posts
so if someone smashes the window, they still can't open the doors - not sure about the boot, but I would hope it was done too.

Theres probably a VCDS mod to remove or change the message if we look hard enough.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for replies. As I suspected, it's just a pointless reminder. I'm surprised then that it doesn't show a message saying "don't forget to open door before attempting to leave vehicle". *tut*

·
Registered
108 Posts
Please remember that Audi are German and the Germans like to be told these things - U vill deadlock ze kar :lol:

·
Registered
921 Posts
Turn what off? The message or the deadlocks?
To lock doors without deadlocking them you 'blip' the lock button on the keyfob twice. Won't turn off the message though'

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Id rather deadlock be multiple bleeps on the button rather then just 1. BecUse I get paranoid and start clicking for fun lol

·
Registered
128 Posts
When I test drove a Polo I noticed this as well. I used to have a Polo that was ridden with electrical and mechanical problems and I thought this would be one again...until I got my A1 and read the manual!

I was naughty enough one day to try opening the doors after they locked while the car was moving to see whether they'd open. To my surprise they did! I remember in the BMW and some other cars you pull the handle twice, which would seem a bit safer IMO.

·
Registered
247 Posts
flyco said:
When I test drove a Polo I noticed this as well. I used to have a Polo that was ridden with electrical and mechanical problems and I thought this would be one again...until I got my A1 and read the manual!

I was naughty enough one day to try opening the doors after they locked while the car was moving to see whether they'd open. To my surprise they did! I remember in the BMW and some other cars you pull the handle twice, which would seem a bit safer IMO.
Doors dont deadlock in motion, only when plipped. Have to ask why you would need a safety feature of pulling the handle twice when in motion - most cars dont auto lock the doors when moving so why would anyone pull the handle to open them as most people would expect them to not be locked and to open?

It is an annoying parting message from the car though, should be able to program it to give you a motivational message when you've got a hard day at work ahead :lol:

·
Registered
69 Posts
The doors in my Mini locked themselves once the car was doing 10 mph and you had to pull the handle twice to open, it was very confusing for passengers. Glad the A1 doesn't do it. :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts