Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

one frustrated Audi owner here, brought an Audi A1 1.2 TFSI S-Line in March and within 3 miles it broke down. Had several courtesy cars since then and so many problems with Audi and Audi Finance but it finally got to the point where they gave me a new car. Still not happy with the situation and am having to take this issue further with Audi Finance and the fact that they haven't honoured their contract but now I have the following problem with my new car.

This car is now 4 weeks old and there are so many rattles and squeaks in it I wish I'd never bothered buying one. The passenger side seat belt holder rattles like mad at all speeds, there is a rattle coming from inside the dash board of the drivers side and the passenger seat has a squeak/rattle.

I am of course going to take it back in (and they my dealer is aware of the problems) but my added issue is that some nice person decided to key my car along two panels of the passenger side and I want to get part of this sorted before I take it back in.

I do have SMART insurance but typically the scratch is longer than they cover for and my insurance is too expensive to go down.

Anyone have any ideas on what I could do? Part of the scratch goes down to the white under layer but most is only on the surface. Was trying to find a T-Cut that matches the Scuba blue colour (if such thing exists) then maybe I could get the scratch down to the 15cm to get the rest of it fixed by the smart insurance.

Any help would be appreciated!

[album]1168[/album]

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry to hear that you have had bad luck with the car mate.

Anyway, T-Cut will not work it only masks the scratch and will marr the paintwork badly! I would go to a professional detailers and they could machine polish the whole scratch out for you without any trace of it being there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
it'll take more than just a machine polish mate if its gone all the way through the paint.

a body shop would be your best bet to get it repaired. however maybe breach the subject with Audi and see if they'll repair it for you as a good will gesture considering your current and previous A1 have had so many problems!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
It doesn't look like it's gone through to the bare metal? I bet it could be machined out. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Its way to deep to polish out its going to need properly filling now to cover them marks up.

The best a detailer can do is remove swirls in the paintwork.

If you main aim is to get the scratch better they maybe able to fill it in, wet sand it back and polish it up. However it would be much easier to have a bodyshop repair it all in one go!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for the advice, I might actually try the dealer and see what they say, worth a shot I guess, didn't even enter my head, just want to get away from them, the receptionists even recognise who I am when I ring just from my voice as I've had to call them so many times.

Failing that I'll go down the body shop route and see what they say. They might just be able to cover some of the shallow part of the scratch and then I can involve the SMART insurance who will then probably have to spray the two panels anyway for the deeper parts. Just annoyed that the insruance only covers scrathes up to 15cm in lengh, wish the person who did it could've thought of that and saved me some hassle!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
It's hard to tell, can you feel the scratch?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Put some closer pics up

·
Registered
113 Posts
What I can see so far, the best bet would be for a good detailer to wet sand it. What's your location!?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts