Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one noticed a noisy steering pump? When you turn the engine off it sounds like a plane shutting down.The noise gets louder when you turn the steering wheel ? ( 1.4 TFSI ) :?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Get a diesel. you can't hear anything except the engine :lol:

·
Registered
284 Posts
triplefan said:
Get a diesel. you can't hear anything except the engine :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yes, noisy steering pump for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
the same happens to me. when i turn the steering wheel, the pump sounds louder. I went to my local audi dealer, i mentioned the sound and they told me that it is normal.
We 'll see what will hapen in the future ! :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
I am getting this too, at low speed you can hear a whine which changes when you turn the wheel (and you can hear it over the noise of the diesel engine :shock: ) And a perfect description from the OP, when you turn the engine off it sounds like a jet engine shutting down.

Is this normal or should I be worried, from this thread it seems like its only a few cars doing it so its not normal, I dont remember any of the cars I test drove doing it.

Is anyone else having this??

Those that have posted previously (its been a while since any posts in this thread):

Has it got any worse/better or have you had it rectified at the dealers??

·
Registered
12 Posts
i think it is a little bit worse. i went again to my local dealer and they said to me that this is not a problem. they also offered to change the steering pump, under warranty, but they are not sure that the new pump will be quiter. i think that i will wait a little more and if the noise gets stronger i will change it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts