Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon gang
Have just ordered an A1 1.6 TDI from my local Audi dealer, must say what great service and a great start after an awful experience with Mini.

I am looking forward to taking delivery next week, and will post pictures up ASAP.

Just wanted to say hello really.
:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi

I too had a dreadful time with MINI after owning a Clubman for a year. Never again! Hope you enjoy your A1, my TDI is terrific!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes we've had three Minis all with major issues. Just getting out of my new Countryman that has had issues as mini cannot fix it, they are being awful towards us.

I am looking forward to getting the new A1.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That's why I got rid of my Clubman; problems they simply couldn't manage to fix, including greasy window streaks, jamming suicide door, squeaks and rattles, electrical problems and boot doors opening by themselves whilst driving... Not ideal if you have a dog in the boot!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
cappy said:
I am looking forward to taking delivery next week, and will post pictures up ASAP.

:D
Lucky you having to take delivery next week, have you bought a stock model or ex-demonstrator or something?
Any exciting options that are coming on the car?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi there
My first car a Mini Cooper D had a water leak they could not fix, so they gave me a replacement car, this one had a major dash rattle on collection during the two and a Half years of ownership on that car the dealership had it more than me! The dash was removed several times was in and out of the garage for this, they left bolts out and told me Mini use stretch bolts in the dash, had new alloys fitted due to corrosion, windows opening by themselves, car unlocking, seat trims squeaking then collecting the car for them to fall off, had window scraper seals replaced to stop greasy streaks on the windows and when I put the window down they fell in the door. Had seat backs replaced twice due to squeaks, dash tops changed several times, the list goes on and on.
Then I got the new countryman during collection it had rust all over the boot, scratched spoiler. Then there's no jack. In the car and needs a recall but my dlr never knew or told me it was needed or missing. The interior mirror rattled bad, this took a week to fix. I complained that the drivers door rattled and knocked, the Harmon Kardon stereo squeaks on start up and the map lights come on their own. But these were never fixed in five months of trying. They have had the car for six weeks and called me in last week saying " we no longer want you as a customer" you can have a dull refund, since then they have been horrible.
Anyway I went to the Audi gargage and said we need a car ASAP and told them what we wanted so they searched and this is the one closest to the spec we wanted.
We are getting a s line TDI in Misano red, with the silver roof, black headlining, comfort pack, connectivity pack, privacy glass and interior mirror dimming and auto lights and wipers.
Can't wait to collect hopefully next week.

Please warn your friends not to get a Mini or a BMW they really are not worth it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That is absolutely shocking! Though the problems you listed are very familiar. The MINI's don't seem to be built with the same quality as the BMW's. I would still recommend BMW as I've had two 1-series and both have been superb, but MINI's are dreadful. I did consider the Countryman but after test driving it the car had the same plastic feel and poor fit that I'd experienced with the Clubman so I kept clear. Plus it is incredibly ugly.

Having come from 3 MINIs you'll be chuffed with the build quality of the Audi. It is so well built and sturdy, nothing like the MINI at all.

Hope you get it soon, make sure you post some photos :D

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sounds like I dodged a bullet not picking the Mini when looking around, I test drove one and its was amazing to drive. But doesnt sound like its as reliable as the salesperson would have had me believe.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes you sure did dodge a bullet,
It has been awful and not very enjoyable experience, my dealer is making matters worse.

Anyway moving onwards and upwards.
I can't understand why people rave about Mini.
:lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi again

Been into the dealership today to sign the paper work etc, wow what a difference between an Audi dealer and Mini, they were all polite and efficient what a difference.

Anyway collect the car Tuesday Morning cant wait.

Got to go to the Mini dealer on Monday to hand in the spare keys and the courtesy car back to them and then I can walk away and never have to deal with them again!!!

Anyway will keep you posted.

;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts