Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,i am new to the forum.I have ordered an A1 SE TDi in Amalfi white which should be with me in march or april.
I will be using the car for driving instruction,averaging around 1000 miles per week,and very much looking forward to it.
It would be good to hear from any other instructors or owners doing high mileages as to how they get on,though i'm confident the A1 won't dissapoint!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Steven, I am also an ADI and I collected my white SE 1.6TDI on the 22nd Nov and after having the duals fitted, started teaching on the 26th Nov,

I only do about 30,000 miles per year and only done just over 1000 miles due to the snow, but good impressions so far with the A1, car saying between 48.4 and 49.1 mpg.

The stop start is great for stalling as long as they know why they stalled, so far it is due to either letting the very low clutch up too quick or jumping staright from 1st gear to 4th gear, but one thing you do have to be careful with is, the car does go faster if you are not going fast enough for the gear you are in and have touched the clutch but not changed gear, or not put the clutch down quick enough to stop, but pupils and me are starting to get used to it now.

I do love the car and am so pleased I changed from my fiesta.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Karen,it sounds like there will be a few things to get used to,its good to know that your pupils like it,i'm hoping it will be good for getting more business,i'm a bit dissapointed by the MPG though,i have a 1.5 Petrol Swift at the moment and get 44 to 46 from that,although i do quite alot of out of town driving getting between pupils,do you use a roof sign? that can make a differance as well.Its not going to put me off though,my swift has been great but the A1 will be even better,just got to figure out what to do about the L plates on the rear..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes I have a top box, most of my driving is in town and lots of traffic, I have just about fitted a magnetic L plate to the back, it is a tiny bit too big at the top, I also have side signs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That you are doing mostly town driving and in traffic the MPG does not seem too bad.
Keep us posted as to how you get on with it,MPG and performance generally improves with mileage..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.