Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From when will the new lower emissions come in to effect? Got mine arricing in sept? Will that include the new lower emissions?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Yes :)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Screw the congestion zone haha...i mite just go for a drive ran the city just for the sake of it

·
Registered
44 Posts
Is this an engine thing or can they fiddle with the electronics and make all 1.6s have the lower emissions?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not aure not best man to ask...but mojito nos hes stuff...hopefully he will no more

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No he means can he upgrade hes current tdi to meet the newer tdi engines emissions

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Current TDI A1's will be £20 RFL and have to pay the congestion charge. They can not be adjusted and registered for the new lower emissions.

I think A1's ordered in the last two weeks will be the new 2012 model with £0 RFL no congestion charge and LED number plate bulbs.

As far as i can remember, the 2012 A1 is fitted with different tyres and has a modified map in the ECU to get the 99co2.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Perfect timing for myself...love the lil extra of led bulbs haha

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Haha... Dont get too excited! :lol:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Really wow...highest ive seen a non hybrid/full eco car

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
MPG should improve slightly if you get a re-map too!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mark33 said:
Mojito said:
MPG should improve slightly if you get a re-map too!
Talking of which - what or who's remap would be the best to get? I am considering it for my tdi sport.

Mark
Thought id re post it to see if theres any replys?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
There are alot of people going for the tuning boxes... Although imo, i myself would prefer to go for a rolling road remap.

There are quite a few companies out there, Jabbasport are well regarded VAG tuners... Who are actually only 5 miles away from me. My Audi A2 TDI was RR remapped by Stealth racing, who done a great job at a good price.

Revo are also well regarded.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mojito said:
There are alot of people going for the tuning boxes... Although imo, i myself would prefer to go for a rolling road remap.

There are quite a few companies out there, Jabbasport are well regarded VAG tuners... Who are actually only 5 miles away from me. My Audi A2 TDI was RR remapped by Stealth racing, who done a great job at a good price.

Revo are also well regarded.
Thanks for the info Mojito - can I ask though, what difference did or would it make to the insurance or have you not personally had a remap on any of your cars?

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Any rough prices? And what are specs after remap?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can't the Audi dealer re-map the ECU or a MY2011 to match that of the MY2012? I realise this wouldn't alter road tax or congestion charge but would get the advantage of the extra 4mpg combined. May be worth it??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.