Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From when will the new lower emissions come in to effect? Got mine arricing in sept? Will that include the new lower emissions?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Yes :)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Screw the congestion zone haha...i mite just go for a drive ran the city just for the sake of it

·
Registered
44 Posts
Is this an engine thing or can they fiddle with the electronics and make all 1.6s have the lower emissions?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not aure not best man to ask...but mojito nos hes stuff...hopefully he will no more

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No he means can he upgrade hes current tdi to meet the newer tdi engines emissions

·
Registered
67 Posts
No you cant, the emissions are set from the factory, whether you alter the car for the better or worse you can't ever get your output or tax band adjusted.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Current TDI A1's will be £20 RFL and have to pay the congestion charge. They can not be adjusted and registered for the new lower emissions.

I think A1's ordered in the last two weeks will be the new 2012 model with £0 RFL no congestion charge and LED number plate bulbs.

As far as i can remember, the 2012 A1 is fitted with different tyres and has a modified map in the ECU to get the 99co2.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Perfect timing for myself...love the lil extra of led bulbs haha

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Haha... Dont get too excited! :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
And..... According to the PDF on the Audi website the mpg is up too - to 74mpg combined.

Starting to make more sense all the time :)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Really wow...highest ive seen a non hybrid/full eco car

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
MPG should improve slightly if you get a re-map too!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mark33 said:
Mojito said:
MPG should improve slightly if you get a re-map too!
Talking of which - what or who's remap would be the best to get? I am considering it for my tdi sport.

Mark
Thought id re post it to see if theres any replys?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
There are alot of people going for the tuning boxes... Although imo, i myself would prefer to go for a rolling road remap.

There are quite a few companies out there, Jabbasport are well regarded VAG tuners... Who are actually only 5 miles away from me. My Audi A2 TDI was RR remapped by Stealth racing, who done a great job at a good price.

Revo are also well regarded.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mojito said:
There are alot of people going for the tuning boxes... Although imo, i myself would prefer to go for a rolling road remap.

There are quite a few companies out there, Jabbasport are well regarded VAG tuners... Who are actually only 5 miles away from me. My Audi A2 TDI was RR remapped by Stealth racing, who done a great job at a good price.

Revo are also well regarded.
Thanks for the info Mojito - can I ask though, what difference did or would it make to the insurance or have you not personally had a remap on any of your cars?

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Any rough prices? And what are specs after remap?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can't the Audi dealer re-map the ECU or a MY2011 to match that of the MY2012? I realise this wouldn't alter road tax or congestion charge but would get the advantage of the extra 4mpg combined. May be worth it??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.