Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title updated from noticing there was an August Brochure to there now being a November one - september discussions start lower down. November ones near the end of P2.

Hadn't noticed this before - was using the July one. The August one seems to have a few extra options :-

2Z7 - delete just engine designation
4ZM - black styling £350 inc
4KF - privacy glass £385 inc

http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi/production/PDF/PriceAndSpecGuides/a1.pdf

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had a feeling this would happen... the addition of a few more options with each brochure update! Why couldn't this stuff be in the original brochure?! Grrr...!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I guess it's always worth checking with your dealer as I get the impression some options can be amended later than others. I altered my alloy choice last Monday and added the luggage package. (The 12v in the boot will be really handy for inflating my vespa tyres.)

Pondering if I should ask to switch 2Z0 to 2Z7.
What do you think of the black styling option? Not sure if I'd want to lose the chrome.

Thought I'd see what other changes I could spot, I've probably missed some but...

page 15 -
They've made the info about the Sport's "dynamic suspension" option clearer by adding (SE).
"Voice control of key telephone and radio functions", rather than just "Voice control".

page 23 -
What's "mono.pur." about in the description of the "Media Style package"? It used to say "colour".

page 29 -
Now has an wasabi interior pic.

page 30 -
"Double-blade roof spoiler" now says "Not available in combination..." previously said "Included in..."

page 35 -
Includes "UC0" the dynamic suspension option for Sport, standard on SE.

page 36 -
"Technology package" doesn't have Bluetooth interface, streaming and leather multi-function steering wheel anymore.

page 38 -
BOSE "Please note luggage capacity is reduced with this option"

page 41 -
Mirrors with folding on locking option, plus the stuff MDPlatts has mentioned already.

page 42 -
6Q6 Aluminium gear knob - £125
There's two light and rain sensor packages now !?

page 48 -
Specs are now there for the 1.4 manual. CO2 is 124 and the mpgs aren't as good as the S tronic.

There's still plenty of pics of that red car we're presuming is a Sport but with the Xenons.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What happens to build of car with brochure changes?
In the early edition the comfort pack had auto rear view dimming mirror included. I like this feature so ordered the pack. The latest brochure does not mention the mirror. Do Audi change specs like that or is it just missing from brochure?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think it still includes the mirror, it's just part of the "light and rain sensor package" (p42) which is part of the "comfort package".

I'm not sure where you stand legally if they change the spec between your order being placed and delivery.
page 55 -
"Specifications and prices subject to change without notice." and "Images are for illustrative purposes only. Models shown are left hand drive."

·
Registered
219 Posts
I don't like the sound of this... . Two light & rain sensor options?! As for the mirrors folding upon locking... that's not a technology you come up with in a matter of weeks is it.... why not just include it from the offset? Is this all to do with CO2?

·
Registered
921 Posts
In the new brochure it appears you can have the light and rain sensors on their own (i.e without auto dimming rear view mirror and sun band for windscreen) or the light and rain sensor package on its own (as before - including auto dimming mirror and sun band) and you can have rear parking sensors on their own or you can have the light and rain sensor package and rear parking together, plus cruise control as the Comfort Pack for about 20 quid less than the light and rain sensor package plus rear parking. So by going for the Comfort Pack you effectively get Cruise free and save 20 quid. (The Comfort pack costs £590 and light and rain sensor package plus rear parking plus cruise as separate items comes to £840). I hope that makes sense.

As to wing mirrors being folded / unfolded when you lock / unlock the car, there's no technology involved. It simply means wiring the switch through the central locking. You can already choose to open/close the windows and sunroof through the central locking so extending it to other functions is no big deal.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is now a september 2010 brochure there - but I can't see any new options or removed restrictions on choices - so I presume its just a wording/spelling correction mod. No 185hp model either yet.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RichardD said:
Only change I spotted this time is a pic of Amalfi white with black contrast line.
That one was in the August Brochure too (on P37) - it was another outdoor shot of the red one in the July Brochure.

The only change I've seen so far is the CobraTrak logo on P47 becomes something that looks like an electronic compass and remote control

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi guys, I'm out the office, but the only change I've been expecting is the addition of the insurance group information.

I'll speak to Audi UK on Monday and get the updated tracker list (the document that shows what changes have been made).

Hope this helps

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats not in there - its still TBC (I was looking for that - but its not there - though its been on the Thatcham website since I looked for it ). They are between group 9 (for the 1.2's) to group 16 (for the sline's) - both on the new 1-50 scale - and you can usually halve them (and round up) for the old scale (e.g. approx 5-8, but it doesnt show the old figures) - For comparison the A3 2.0Tdi is groups 11/22.

http://www.thatcham.org/abigrouprating/ ... p?page=347

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah insurance details (confirmed UK groupings) are here: http://www.a1-forum.co.uk/a1forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=161

I'll ping the Audi UK marketing guys an e-mail about the insurance groups.

As for the changes to the brochures - the only changes are:
On page 41 - option number 8N7 has had the price updated
On Page 14 - SE-trim - removed front passanger seat from ISO-FIX description

The full pdf tracker document can be seen here: http://www.pooleaudi.com/pdf/a1tracker.pdf

Hope this helps

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just spotted the new November brochure - looking for differences now.

Still no 185hp :(

Apart from some re-jigging of the audi-exclusive stuff onto the steering wheel selection page I can't see whats gone from V2.0 to V2.2 (they didnt seem to release V2.1 to the public).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts