Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discohead said:
Just a quick hello, picked up my new A1 yesterday

1.4 sport in White with competition line styling.
nice choice :D are you happy with it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Enjoying car a lot. Here is something interesting. I have a country road near me that I drive down all the time. Quite twisty, typical English state of repair (i.e. a little bumpy in places). Anyway, whenever I get a new car I take a run along it and look at the speed at a certain point. This gives me a good idea of how quick the car drives in the real world.

So..

Maserati 4200CC - 50 mph (and a lot of nerves)
Mini Cooper S JCW kits - 50mph (and you are about to lose your teeth from the ridiculously hard ride)

New A1, first run, not even trying 55mph. I was quite surprised. I guess it shows that the setup in this car works really well on that kinda run. Will be interesting to see what I do when I've been driving the car for a few weeks.

Oh and it's national speed limit so no laws being broken

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, and for interest. Fastest so far (and I have owned quite a few cars). Believe it or not, Fiat Barchetta. My God you could throw that thing around, lets say that one did somewhat compromise the local road regulations

·
Registered
4 Posts
got mine on 26th. Wonderful, except for road noise. Is it me, or is it really noisy? Garage checked it out, and say it is normal.
And why do they have not a rear storage box like the A2 (my previous): the door storage, underseat, central arm and front gove box are fine for bits and pieces, but maps, and guides on which pub to stop at for supper do not fit. Yes ok we have sat nav on our phone, but the pub guide needs to be in the car not in the boot. The old audi had a storage box. The hanging bag from the back of the seat looks too naff for words.
How about thinking about storage please, in car as well as in boot?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love this car and have been doing the typical thing of looking at promotional stuff and reviews on the net. Good fun but I do have to say I find it a little offensive that Audi make such a big play of the led lights when they are really just a very expensive option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts