10,965 Posts
Hey David,
Welcome!!!

What colour and spec did you go for?

Upload some pics of your new A1... :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hows Toronto . I was there last month but never saw a A1 . I also stopped off in Edmonton and it was freezing there and only really saw big trucks. Some people I met when I told them what I'd just bought said anything with 4 cylinders was not a proper engine. Anyway glad you could join us.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Toronto is pretty good actually, we are beginning to get some better weather this month and the summertime toys are going to come out. Last month was bad weather wise so you didn't really get to see the city in all it's summertime charm. Regarding the 4 cylinder comment, you must have been speaking with what we would call "hicks" here who think anything less than a V8 is not "powerful" enough when the truth is most imported 4 and 6cyl motors produce the same or better HP and TQ than the clunky American V8s.

Unfortunately I have no pics of the A3 just yet, but it's an Ice silver metallic S-Line model. I will see if I can snap some over the weekend and post them up. Thanks for the warm welcome!

David

·
Registered
145 Posts
Glad to hear you can get the A1 out in the better weather. Have a Tim Hortons and roll the rim for me.( I won nothing )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Some of my family from Vancouver have seen the photos and make fun of my little white toy car. A couple of them are here in the summer and I think they will be very quiet after I drive them around a bit in Sport Mode!

I am from Canada originally and in Vancouver small cars are quickly becoming "cool" and the SUV/truck thing is becoming "silly" unless you need it.

Going way off topic: too bad about those Leaf's. Only one Canadian team left....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.