Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
That's going to p**s off a few people here with TDIs on order. The page also shows the German market has got S tronic for the TDI.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Looks like i wont be collecting my Glacier then! :(

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I know I shouldn't but if they had one in the showroom I'd have to give it a go

Sounds real fun

From another forum :roll:

I have a remapped audi a3 2.0 tdi sport (2005)...manual...3 door

You can get over 200 bhp with both of them. My remap was from hyperchips.co.uk and only cost £300. My 2.0tdi is now faster than a new golf gti. trust me, you can get much more than 170 bhp.

In first and second gear, the BMW just about has it, probably because its rear wheel drive....2nd gear feels brutally fast!! but i'm talking milliseconds difference.

But as soon as the Audi gets in 3rd gear it leaves the BMW standing! It feels like you can get more out of the rev range in the audi whereas the bmw seems to fade away at 3000revs.....my A3 carries on just past 3000 which makes a big difference.it feels almost like there's a second turbo boost. There is literally no turbo lag in the A3 anymore you can hear the turbo constantly spooling!! sounds like a siren!

The a3 turbo sounds amazing with the new remap..

anyway, down to which is fastest:

the bmw manages 7 seconds (not very accurate, sorry) but the A3 does it fractionally faster. However, the 0-100 in the Audi is much better than the BMW...like I say the BMW fades away a bit but the Audi keeps going. I have to let off the accelerator when racing my brother proving the Audi has a better power delivery. Weight is also a factor too.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Mojito said:
Would you really?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not sure why they bothered with this, car tax will be as much as the petrol, insurance will be high, mpg will be alot lower and inline with the petrol I would have thought. I may be quicker than the 1.6 but not sure it's worth it.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Oobla said:
Mojito said:
Would you really?
Yes! Depending on price and if the UK get this...

·
Registered
921 Posts
The diesel S-tronic is lower power than the UK diesel

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
2.0 TDI emissions... 108 = £20 a year RFL?

As far as i know this could be a 170PS detuned and could probably see 200PS and 350NM torque? :D

Standard torque is 320NM!

·
Registered
25 Posts
triplefan said:
I know I shouldn't but if they had one in the showroom I'd have to give it a go

Sounds real fun

From another forum :roll:

I have a remapped audi a3 2.0 tdi sport (2005)...manual...3 door

You can get over 200 bhp with both of them. My remap was from hyperchips.co.uk and only cost £300. My 2.0tdi is now faster than a new golf gti. trust me, you can get much more than 170 bhp.

In first and second gear, the BMW just about has it, probably because its rear wheel drive....2nd gear feels brutally fast!! but i'm talking milliseconds difference.

But as soon as the Audi gets in 3rd gear it leaves the BMW standing! It feels like you can get more out of the rev range in the audi whereas the bmw seems to fade away at 3000revs.....my A3 carries on just past 3000 which makes a big difference.it feels almost like there's a second turbo boost. There is literally no turbo lag in the A3 anymore you can hear the turbo constantly spooling!! sounds like a siren!

The a3 turbo sounds amazing with the new remap..

anyway, down to which is fastest:

the bmw manages 7 seconds (not very accurate, sorry) but the A3 does it fractionally faster. However, the 0-100 in the Audi is much better than the BMW...like I say the BMW fades away a bit but the Audi keeps going. I have to let off the accelerator when racing my brother proving the Audi has a better power delivery. Weight is also a factor too.
2.0TDI (140) with just a remap faster than a Golf GTI..... :lol:

The bog standard CR TDI 170 engine (as used in the A3, Octavia, Golf, Leon etc) takes 8.4 seconds to hit 60 and 24 seconds to hit a ton. The golf GTI in comparison will hit 60 in a little under 7 seconds and crack a ton in roughly 16.5 seconds.

Extra power from a remap alone would not make up this performance delta.

Heck even the A1 1.4TFSI 122 can happily keep pace with a TDI 170.... The 185 just makes them look stupid*.

Anyway the 2.0TDI 143 sounds interesting in the A1 although I would be concerned about front end feel thanks to the lump of pig iron now sitting just behind the front lights.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
And the A1 2.0 TFSI 250PS will make the 185 look stupid! Haha :lol:

Theres a reason for me to go Diesel!

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Just done a little bit of research... The 143PS can be remapped to about 180PS, then add a bolt on Turbo upgrade and you will see about 230PS.

With a few more little mods you can see upto 265-300PS... But then with all that power and torque you will probably start burning clutches etc, haha.

230PS sounds good to me! :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
When would this realistically be available to order.

I'd much rather have this than the 1.6 TDi if its going to be ready to order in the next month or so.

As Mojito stated, plenty of tuning potential tuning and still cheap enough to run!

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
In Germany it was available to order from the 4th August... A few people have placed an order.

I am not sure on the UK price as yet, there must be a list floating about the dealers right now! I'm going to call a few dealers tomorrow for info.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
German prices:
1.6 TDI €20,200
2.0 TDI €21,900

·
Registered
76 Posts
I doubt it'll cost a great deal more its an engine already widely used throughout the VAG range.

If it's only a grand or two more then it's a good buy. It would cost around £1000 to get the 1.6 TDI to 140bhp.

If the price difference is the same here then I'll definitely go for it.

Not sure if Audi would be too impressed if I changed my order again though :? :cry:

1 - 20 of 97 Posts