Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hi directly from Mexico and to tell you that i´m officially on the "I CANT WAIT ANYMORE!!!!!!!" list of proud soon to be A1 owners.

Curious thing happened...

My dealer talked to me yesterday to say that my configuration could not be processed (it was supposed to be sent today) because Audi stopped all configuration orders for this month BECAUSE!!!!!... 2012 model is going in!! (SO Excited!)

So i get to be the first one in my city to get a 2012 =) (which is even better!) ETA First days of July

I ordered what would be the equivalent to the sport Model in the UK

Manual Transmission (Of course!)
Misano Red with the pearl contrasting Arc
Leather Seats in Milano Red
Aluminium Air Vents
BOSE Sound System
And what would appear to be the complete Navigation and MMI thing... (you guys have A LOT of options)
18" Wheels

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So... i´m super excited literally I can´t sleep so I guess i´m gonna have to relax until the day is near!!!!
I´ll keep you posted in the differences between 2011 and 2012 model but what I can surelly tell you is that the 2012 model is capable of connecting to the internet through your mobile phone (CONFIRMED!)

Thanks to all your comments in advance!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congratulations Girgio and do post to tell us all what has changed for 2012 models when you have the info. :D

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Audi do this all the time. 2012 car introduced in the middle of the year before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
The benefit of having a 2011 model?.................
We have ours now! :D

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
It'll most likely be engineering changes from manufacturing based on feedback from dealers...

Eg With new Seat Ibiza the washer fluid bottle moved after 6months as apparently people were moaning it was in a bad location in the engine bay

·
Registered
145 Posts
Interestingly the 2012 model has been listed on ETKA ( VW / Audi parts catalogue) for over 2 months . I've looked and couldnt see any differance really but as suggested there will be minor tweaks tothe 2011 model I think.

·
Registered
274 Posts
On the A5 - production at about week 45 was for the next years models - I'm surprised its as early as weeks into the 26+ range for the A1 - unless there are major redesigns required to improve reliability in some areas or just to make it easier/cheaper to make.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hopefully they resolve all of the problems posted in here. I think also it´s going to be a manufacturing revision

·
Registered
25 Posts
You might not be the only one with an A1 2012 in México, I'll be getting mine (a1 SLine Plus) next week.
I'll also keep you all posted!!
Yhaaaa!

·
Registered
12 Posts
intlmouse - if you have bought new then yours will be a 2012 car. The understanding is that the new model revisions came in from build week 22.

The TT also had its change over to MY2012 in june.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nice to see another mexican!!! keep me posted with pictures!!!

SO... this is the news... the car Arrived yesterday... and MAYBE!!! i'll get to pick it up this friday. I JUST CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Giorgio said:
I´ll keep you posted in the differences between 2011 and 2012 model but what I can surelly tell you is that the 2012 model is capable of connecting to the internet through your mobile phone (CONFIRMED!)
So, is this the Online Services Option? £720

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I guess so... it connects with your mobile phone's internet access (assuming you have an unlimited data plan) and then you con browse google maps and other stuff

·
Registered
91 Posts
langlord said:
intlmouse - if you have bought new then yours will be a 2012 car. The understanding is that the new model revisions came in from build week 22.

The TT also had its change over to MY2012 in june.
i think i recall from a previous thread that the MY2012 VIN's start with "CB-"?
mine is CB- so im assuming the MY2012 have landed in Australia as well...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY!!!!!!!!

I can´t be more than happy!!!!!!!!!

That´s me holding the champaigne bottle and my super proud dad

1 - 20 of 26 Posts