Registered
639 Posts
Can I ask what make of spacers you went for? I keep telling myself to resist :p

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Do it!!!!

I just got the fronts off eBay - not sure they had a brand tbh. The rears I got 2nd hand and no idea of the make. Just gotta make sure you get radios bolts with them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ok, so where were we? Oh yes.... 5 weeks ago this happened...

I don't think he liked it much because he gave me a few nasty bites!

But in the end I got my prize!

So I sent them off to be hydro dipped... a couple weeks later I was told they were ready, so headed off 40 miles to go and collect them, only to find the lacquer was full of runs! So I asked for them to redo them. That was nearly 2 weeks ago.... so I'm not overly happy at the moment! I'm hoping to take him to Audis In The Park in a couple weeks and I shall be very angry if he's not ready for that!

Oh, and if anyone is thinking of taking the grill off their S1.... don't! It was a really nasty job! Almost impossible to get it off without breaking something along the line.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Respect to you for doing all that work. I hope the end result makes it all worth while :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I really hope it does too! I'm going to email the people with the grill etc today to find out when I can expect to get them back. I had to reinsure my Beetle yesterday as the insurance ran out and I thought I'd be using the S1 for a while. I've got 1 existing claim on my policy which will be removed on the 27th of this month so I was hoping to have used the S1 for a few weeks and then reinsure the Bug after the 27th. When I dropped the parts off on 30th June I never dreamed that I'd still be waiting for them on 1st August!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Are you going for a black styling pack look for the grill?

On ASN there is a thread about an RS style grill, but unfortunately it seems to be a non runner at the minute :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
They're gonna be black carbon ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Not the best pics in the world, but you get the idea...

Taking him to Audis In The Park tomorrow, so might see someone from here there?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Professional pic from last weekend:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts