Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Picked up my brand new Audi A1 136kw (185hp). Down here the 185hp version is called the 'Audi A1 Sport' - different to the 'Sport' trim level that you guys have in the UK. Basically the top of the range model you can get here, it comes standard with S-Line Bodykit (exterior only), 136kw engine and extra frills like LED lights and lighting package

But mine also has the optional S-Line interior which essentially makes it a full S-line :D :D

Absolutely love the colour combo - amalfi white, daytona grey roof arches and grey rotor 18's - and LOVE the engine - brings a smile to my face everytime I press that accelerator and here that GROWL

One niggling thing though - there seems to be a buzzing sound (buzz but not a rattle) near my driver's seat - either at the back of the seat itself or in the rear bench somewhere - trying to work out where its coming from and whether its a symptom of being brand new (so parts need to settle in - its only had 10kms when i picked it up!)....hopfeully its not permanent :(

I hope you also enjoy the view in the background :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
love the car m8 and the view ive been up the towers at the bridge :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Very nice, white - Amalfi/Glacier with the daytona contrast really makes it stand out.
Looks even better in the metal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Real nice car mate!! and here I was thinking I was the only Aussie on here with an A1. I got my Ambition when it was first released out here at the start of the year. I was trying to get an S-line when they first came out but they were not available. Time to trade up I think ;p

·
Registered
47 Posts
resol said:
Hi all

Picked up my brand new Audi A1 136kw (185hp). Down here the 185hp version is called the 'Audi A1 Sport' - different to the 'Sport' trim level that you guys have in the UK. Basically the top of the range model you can get here, it comes standard with S-Line Bodykit (exterior only), 136kw engine and extra frills like LED lights and lighting package

But mine also has the optional S-Line interior which essentially makes it a full S-line :D :D

Absolutely love the colour combo - amalfi white, daytona grey roof arches and grey rotor 18's - and LOVE the engine - brings a smile to my face everytime I press that accelerator and here that GROWL

One niggling thing though - there seems to be a buzzing sound (buzz but not a rattle) near my driver's seat - either at the back of the seat itself or in the rear bench somewhere - trying to work out where its coming from and whether its a symptom of being brand new (so parts need to settle in - its only had 10kms when i picked it up!)....hopfeully its not permanent :(

I hope you also enjoy the view in the background :)

Well done. The buzzing/rattle noise on my 185 turned out to be the handbrake handle. Try holding it when you hear it and see if it stops.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Lovin the car Resol,
You have made me think about putting my Rotors on again now, haha.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Love the car, but love the view even more!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks awesome m8.

I'll second the handbrake as being cause of rattle. Try squeezing the console towards the rear of the lever together while you are driving, see if that stops it. Had to let the dealer have it back to sort it, but at least I knew the cause.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Ive just noticed the little white triangle near your mirror! Did they forget to pull the wrap off? Or is it a new feature? My Glacier pics of it in the dealers yard has these too! Its still wrapped though

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the nice comments XD

Re the handbrake, ill definitely give that a go.

Mojito said:
Ive just noticed the little white triangle near your mirror! Did they forget to pull the wrap off? Or is it a new feature? My Glacier pics of it in the dealers yard has these too! Its still wrapped though
Mojito - i just noticed that also!!! Ill see if it comes off. looks to me like its a plastic cover

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok - removed the silly white sticker - it was like walking around in a brand new shirt with the tag hanging off the back :/

but - the slight buzz is still coming from my drivers seat. tried playing around with the hand brake and centre console to no avail. its not overly noticeable but I'll have to see if it settles in after more km's...

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
resol said:
ok - removed the silly white sticker - it was like walking around in a brand new shirt with the tag hanging off the back :/
Classic!!! :lol:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Eccles6 said:
Congrats on the car, looks great, you must be loving it.

Had a 'bugger me there's another one' moment today, got a park next to a red w/silver one in Strathfield. Snapped a pic on the iPhone.

:eek: nice pic! yeah i havent really seen many A1's around Sydney - and no A1 Sports as yet - i feel special for now :D
a workmate of mine says he sees lots around Eastern Suburbs - figures...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think I had 1 of the first in Sydney. Ambition though (may trade in for a Sport). Order in Oct 2010 and got mine in Feb 15th :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Eccles6 said:
Congrats on the car, looks great, you must be loving it.

Had a 'bugger me there's another one' moment today, got a park next to a red w/silver one in Strathfield. Snapped a pic on the iPhone.

Wow! Look how big those "small car only" spaces are! Could fit a truck in them

1 - 19 of 19 Posts