Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had word from the Dealership that the build date for our A1 has been delayed. It is now due on track to ship to the dealership 11th February, so we should have it mid to late February.

Absolutely gutted.

The reason they gave... Due to overwhelming demand on orders outstripping supply.

Not sure how that would impact us though, as surely new orders would not impact on orders placed back in September?

Merry Christmas :-(

·
Registered
267 Posts
Gutted for ya mate, what was the date you were given before this one then?

·
Registered
127 Posts
That's not good news what have you ordered ? I'm still praying for my march 1 St delivery. I ordered mine in october but specified I wanted it for march first.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Bad news :(

Thought they had the accommodation at the factory to keep up with demands :s how strange.

Have they offered any "compensation"

Andrew

·
Registered
442 Posts
Gutted for you chap , so sorry to hear that. Im just hoping I get my car in March ( fingers crossed )

·
Registered
445 Posts
ordered mine in October and was told March/April.A few weeks ago was told it will be here next month as it was due to be built week 50.The factory is shut for 2 weeks over christmas plus bad weather may have caused delays.I am not bothered if mine is late as the weather should pick up by then.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
you may find that its dealers holding back cars to next year, as Audi UK have set crazy targets for the dealer network!

·
Registered
442 Posts
tim said:
ordered mine in October and was told March/April.A few weeks ago was told it will be here next month as it was due to be built week 50.The factory is shut for 2 weeks over christmas plus bad weather may have caused delays.I am not bothered if mine is late as the weather should pick up by then.
You'd want a 2011 plate now thought

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ordered a TDI SLine in White.
No "compensation". Have replied to them to see what else I can find out.
Original delivery was mid to late January, so a month delay.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
News!

So my car is going into build next week and will take anything upto 1 week to finish.
It then ships to the dealership and is expected by 11th Feb.
They then have to do their tests etc (taking a further 1-2 weeks).

HOWEVER, they may hold it back at the dealership for the new reg as it could hit the last two weeks in Feb.

I WANT IT NOW!!!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
LAWRIE-CLARK said:
News!

So my car is going into build next week and will take anything upto 1 week to finish.

HOWEVER, they may hold it back at the dealership for the new reg as it could hit the last two weeks in Feb.

I WANT IT NOW!!!!
1-2 weeks!!! What do they have to check and test?

Check its got 4 wheels? :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nipz said:
LAWRIE-CLARK said:
News!

I WANT IT NOW!!!!
1-2 weeks!!! What do they have to check and test?

Check its got 4 wheels? :)
That's what I thought! Was told they need to do checks of some sort, so not sure why 1 - 2 weeks?!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Spoke to Plymouth Audi and they said my car will be in on the 25th and can have it either same say or next day depending on the time it gets in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mrfaize said:
Mine took a couple of days but could have had it in one day if I wanted.
Really? Well, hope mine is the same! :mad:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts