Audi A1 Forum banner

Mobile Phone Compatibilty

6K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  Chelmersteve 
#1 ·
All,

When you have your cars, post if you were successful pairing your phone with the Bluetooth in the car, what bluetooth pack you have, the phone model and what the sounds quality is like.

It will help others to make a choice!

BR

Jae

#2 ·
Hi

I picked up my 1.4 TFSI Sport on Saturday 20th Nov.

Managed to pair my Nokia N900 mobile phone pretty easily(without looking at manual first). There is a function to import all of your phone contacts but haven't yet read the manual properly to work out how to do this.

Car connects to mobile automatically now, no further prompts. Calls can be controlled from either the central MMI console control or from the steering wheel(if you have multi-function sterring wheel). The actual dash display also displays the call details.

Call quality is reasonable. No troubles.

Just need to study the manual now.... :D

#8 ·
iPhone 3GS
A1 with Connectivity pack
No phone prep
Bluetooth paired up fine.

If you're parked up and you decide to make a call from the phone, it then asks you if you want to use the handset or the MMI, which is well thought out I think (or should I say a rare example of Apple being thoughtful).

#10 ·
I've got the Sport with the standard Bluetooth.

I got connected to my Nokia E51 straight away and it automatically synced up the contacts without any prompting. I love being able to clearly see the contacts list on the pop-up screen - no more squinting at my phone's own screen whilst held in a cradle and wearing an uncomfortable headset - yay!

Can't comment on the useability of it yet, only made 1 test call!

Have to read the manual now - a thick 233 page book (all in English) plus another 122 page book for the sound system :?

#11 ·
I've paired both a Nokia 5800 and Samsung Jet to my standard bluetooth 1.4 Sport with no problems.

I agree with Lady_SadlyBroke - really handy to be able to see the contacts list on the screen, and without having to programme them into the car's memory which we had to do with our previous car.

#12 ·
....and now I've got the car talking to me! LOL! No idea what I am doing but my car has the voice of a very plummy/classy woman who is trying to help me.

...Back to reading the manual I think, so I can work out what this is all about.......

#13 ·
We got her HTC Touch HD first time, followed by a request for permission to send the phone book.

My Blackberry 9780 paired OK, but the contacts had to be sent from a menu within the phone

#14 ·
Paired my iphone 4 no probs.. Question tho..how the hell do you end the call from the steering wheel. THe only way i can find to do it is to click top left button of center console. There must be a button on the steering wheel to end a call easily>

Chris

#15 ·
Paired my HTC Wildfire no issues works a treat .. standard bluetooth on Sport is all I have. Works well with steering wheel, if you tab through the DIS with the left button you can control the phone and end calls etc . Plus the voice activation works well too, once you have done the training process - so you can dial contacts just using voice once you have assigned a voice tag to a number in the directory.

#16 ·
chrispe said:
Paired my iphone 4 no probs.. Question tho..how the hell do you end the call from the steering wheel. THe only way i can find to do it is to click top left button of center console. There must be a button on the steering wheel to end a call easily>

Chris
IIRC the thumb wheel (LHS) is for answer and end call

#18 ·
I only have a cheap Samsung G600 - so last year - but to my suprise, it works!

#19 ·
iPhone 3GS & Samsung Galaxy both paired with no problems.

#20 ·
I have an HTC Desire but big problems with it pairing to the car.

It seems to pair with the cars bluetooth, I confirm the PIN number on both the car and the phone and once on the HTC it asked if it should auto connect and I said Yes. When I look at the bluetooth settings on the phone it says "Paired but not connected", if I select the Audi device it tries to connect but fails. If I make a call the car sounds like it is dialling but nothing goes through and it hangs up. If I go through the car Bluetooth settings, pick the phone and then hands free it says "Connection failed".

The cheap, naff, nokia work phone took a minute to set up.

Anyone else had this issue?

#21 ·
Just connected a new Nokia C3-01 without problem. All my contacts went across and everything works fine.

#22 ·
Successfully paired up a HTC Wildfire but did not automatically download phone book to the directory. Any ideas?

Ian S

#23 ·
Your contacts need to be on the phone, not the SIM. They're not downloaded as such, simply accessed over the Bluetooth link.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.