Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Me again!

Does anyone have the media pack & style cloth upholstery on their A1?
I'm looking for a good pic of the interior so I can make my mind up on this.
I was thinking of style cloth in black/black but just a bit concerned that the dog tooth pattern is a bit 'jazzy'!

Thanks for any help ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey, yea I have the style cloth in black/titanium grey. I hadn't seen any pictures before delivery and was a bit worried it would be too much, but I actually like it. I don't have any pictures at the mo but will try to take a couple later and post them up.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much, that'd be super!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here you go...

·
Registered
51 Posts
gadgetgirl said:
Hi
I was thinking of style cloth in black/black but just a bit concerned that the dog tooth pattern is a bit 'jazzy'!
Not got my A1 yet, but the one I test drove (several times!) had style cloth in black/black. Not too jazzy - IMO gives just the right lift to the interior, plus you get the mono-pur bits, although I'm still not 100% sure what that is. Am sure someone on here has pics of the black/black but not sure who. Also think you mentioned aluminium vents - if you can't get them on a Sport, how about white if you go for Glacier exterior? I thought they looked cheap in pics but are fine in the flesh and when viewed from the outside they connect the interior to the exterior and makes it a bit more special. I think the Sport can be a little bland so needs tarting up a bit!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure I just posted a reply to this thread. Damnit!

agtcooper - thanks for the pic! I notice you have the arm rest - do you find this gets in the way much? I'd love to add it to fill that odd plasticy space between the two seats and the storage would be good, but I'm worried it'll get in the way of the handbrake.

JPosh - I can't get the aluminium ones, definitely not the dealer says. I don't know if the white gloss vents are more Amalfi (cream) white than Glacier (bright white) white? I'd hate it if they turned up and were cream and didn't match very well with the exterior.

I've got more research to do I think!

Mikecruse - thanks, that would be great!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm a fan of the arm rest, it does get in the way a bit, but after a few days I just got used to it and it doesn't bother me anymore, I spend 95% of my time on the motorway so it's nice to have somewhere to rest my arm, and the storage is useful to throw my wallet.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
agtcooper said:
I'm a fan of the arm rest, it does get in the way a bit, but after a few days I just got used to it and it doesn't bother me anymore, I spend 95% of my time on the motorway so it's nice to have somewhere to rest my arm, and the storage is useful to throw my wallet.
Is the inside of the arm rest plastic or cloth lined? I'd imagine things like sunglasses might rattle about? What happens when it tilts up - does it keep shut or does everything flop about and fall out? (<--silly questions probably) I wish I could see one in real life and have a go. :(

·
Registered
51 Posts
gadgetgirl said:
I don't know if the white gloss vents are more Amalfi (cream) white than Glacier (bright white) white? I'd hate it if they turned up and were cream and didn't match very well with the exterior.
White vents are whiter than Amalfi, closer to bright white but not too full-on. Glacier is a greyish/silvery white so agree wouldn't look good with cream. I think you could get away with it, but it's not going to be a spot on match.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you seen Glacier white in person? I've been told it's like a pearlescent white - like ibis white but pearly.
I was worried it might be grey / silver. It looks white on the website. *panics*

So the white vents aren't cream? Hmmm, interesting. New things to consider every day. I'll never get this car ordered.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's kind of a flock on the inside, and the lid has a catch so when it's up it stays closed :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
agtcooper said:
It's kind of a flock on the inside, and the lid has a catch so when it's up it stays closed :)
That sounds good. Would be good to keep sunglasses and bits n bobs in.

Thanks for the info :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
No worries, you won't be dissapointed once you've decided on spec, the wait will be excruciating though :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Sorry about the quality! Took it on my phone

[album]962[/album]

[album]963[/album]

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This forum ate my reply again!

Thanks very much Mike for the pics. They're fab.

agtcooper - I know, I am preparing myself for the wait!

·
Registered
619 Posts
No worries - also I must point out they look better than they do in those pictures haha, I don't actually like them in those photos but I love them in real life!

(Still wish I had wasabi.. judge me all you like :p)

·
Registered
51 Posts
gadgetgirl said:
Have you seen Glacier white in person? I've been told it's like a pearlescent white - like ibis white but pearly.
I was worried it might be grey / silver. It looks white on the website. *panics*
I've seen a swatch at the dealer and there are some pics kicking around here somewhere - to me it's white with a hint of grey/silver, but others may see it as a bright white. I'd describe Ibis as a pure white and Glacier is definitely different.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Riiiiiiight. Ok, thanks for the description.
I asked my dealer if they had one of those paint chip / pebble plastic thingys but they didn't.

Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.