Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm obsessing about the A1, thinking about it morning, noon and night, but I actually want delivery to be held up until 2011, and preferbly until 1st March for the new registration so it holds it's value better. Am I alone in thinking with my wallet rather than my heart?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Mine is getting delivered in early February, will the 11 plate make much difference in holding value?

I've been given the option of waiting out for the new plate but I am impatient lol.

·
Registered
179 Posts
A difference of 3 months from lets say December 2010 to March 2011 will of course make a slight difference of value but not massive.

Time will tell once used A1's hit the market because the market won't be saturated with A1's due to Audi's clever thinking it's not going to be like the Mini where there are just loads of them, but judging by previous vehicles that do well in the second hand market you're not going to make thousands by holding on for a new registration, let's say you registered in January 2011 the difference between the two months to March 2011 with resale value is only going to be around £750 obviously depends on specification.

I look at Glasses Guide every month as my father owns a Jaguar and Landrover dealership so will be interesting to see how the value holds in an A1.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have ordered mine (A1 Sport 1.4 TFSI with upgrades) for March 2011 - new VATrates have been taken into consideration in the purchase - but remember what you spend on VAT - you save on the FREE road tax.....

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Luckily my dealer has safegurded the VAT at 17.5% if there is a delivery delay that postpones the car until January.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wrig128 said:
I have ordered mine (A1 Sport 1.4 TFSI with upgrades) for March 2011 - new VATrates have been taken into consideration in the purchase - but remember what you spend on VAT - you save on the FREE road tax.....
What are the upgrades???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.