Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard a rumour that a A1 2.0 Quattro with 250PS will be available from 03/2012 :eek:

S1? RS1?

I want one! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
As long as its available before June 2013 i will be happy! :D :D :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
873 Posts
Mojito said:
Just heard a rumour that a A1 2.0 Quattro with 250PS will be available from 03/2012 :eek:

S1? RS1?

I want one! :lol:
New bodykit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
I am so very interested!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
I really hope they make an S1 with the 2ltr turbo 211PS and then follow it up with an RS 1 with the 2.5 turbo 340 PS

Both quattro and manual / DSG options. 18/19" alloys, super sports seats as standard, 4 / 6 pot brakes and available in sprint blue!!

Yum Yum!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
only downside is that we are starting to get into the realms of silly money for a small two seat hot hatch, £30k for a half decent speced S1, £35k for an RS1?

What else could you buy for that cash
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
yup exactly, you can spec a 185PS A1 S line up to and over £25k. For £30k you up to Golf GTi money and probably not far off Audi S3 money.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheekychappie said:
only downside is that we are starting to get into the realms of silly money for a small two seat hot hatch, £30k for a half decent speced S1, £35k for an RS1?

What else could you buy for that cash
Looking at that i agree... I'll stick with my oil burner £0 RFL and a remap! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
This version of the A1 is due to be released at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September 2011.

Audi are making a big thing out the the September 2011 Frankfurt Show and, according to an article in Auto Express, spending £9m building their own new building on the main square within the Frankfurt Exhibition complex, which will even allow visitors to be taken for a trip round a short circuit in some of their cars.

And it just so happens that I shall be on holiday in that part of Germany when the show is on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
h5djr said:
This version of the A1 is due to be released at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September 2011.

Audi are making a big thing out the the September 2011 Frankfurt Show and, according to an article in Auto Express, spending £9m building their own new building on the main square within the Frankfurt Exhibition complex, which will even allow visitors to be taken for a trip round a short circuit in some of their cars.

And it just so happens that I shall be on holiday in that part of Germany when the show is on.
Remember to take your camera, we want exclusive shots
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
I certainly will. I'm hoping that Audi will be releasing the new A3 which will probably be my next car. When we get back in late September my wife's new A1 should be waiting for her.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Mojito said:
Just heard a rumour that a A1 2.0 Quattro with 250PS will be available from 03/2012 :eek:

S1? RS1?

I want one! :lol:
I can officially say that I will trade in my 185 for one of those... oh Yeah!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Makes sense as I have read (on the internet so not exactly the safest source) of a VW Polo R.

But the price for a decent one, after options, will be around £30 - £35k. Guess they are hoping people want a very hot hatch.

But it might be as quick and even handle as well as those, and have some practicality and even economy. I think I would be very tempted to get one. Easily the cheapest way to get a very decent and still practicle sports car. And even better I could still use my roof bars :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,166 Posts
Cant see it being £35K ,too close to the RS3 at £39.
I also dont think it'll be 2.0 more likly 1.6 in my view.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Base spec you'll be looking at around £30k from my estimate.

If its the range topper its going to have to come with a lot of the options already available as standard.

Spec the 185 up with sat nav, xenons, super sports seats, BOSE, EEC, Window tints, plus probably a few other bits then factor in the quattro system, most probably an s-tronic gear box and an uprated engine and you'll be well in to the £30k mark.

If they make it a 1.6 they'll have to re-design a completely new engine and still give it over 200bhp.

Surely to help keep costs down sticking the 2ltr 211PS engine and maybe tweak it a little would made more sense. After all it would slot straight in the A1 with no modifications!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
With the new A3 model on the way I dont thinjk the RS3 will be out for much longer.

All I hope is with the extra weight of (hopefully) the quattro and the more powerful engine getting lower MPG, that Audi put a bigger petrol tank in the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
It would make more sense if they used a tuned up version of the 1.4TSI - pushing around 225PS, than the 2.0T 211PS. The former would be lighter, cleaner (very important to the modern car buyer) and more efficient, not too mention quicker as well.

What I would love to see is a evolution of the current 1.4TSI in the form of a 1.6TSI. Essentially they would take the 1.4 and bore it out a little bit. Fit bigger SC and TC and presto 250BHP+ and :D

Seeing the 2.5T mentioned is just funny.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Clubsport is a 2.5 i think... Although heavily modified and would go in the A1 no problem.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top