Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my wife and I will be visiting the UK and are thinking of renting an A1. We are from Canada and the A1 is not for sale here. (We do have an A4 and a RS4). We will have 2 large suitcases and I was wondering if there will be enough room for them in the A1, with the rear seats up or down. If the rear seats have to be folded down do they restrict how far back the front seats can move, I have long legs...

thanks for any help

Darren

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Darren,

I think the A1 would be OK with the rear seat down and the cases going in length-wise (assuming that what I think is a large case and what you actually have are, in some way, similar). Any restriction on the movement of the front seats would be from the rear-seat headrests but the could be removed.

Space-wise I would think you might be better with an A3 if you need the space for anything more than getting from the airport to your final destination, otherwise an A1 would be a great wee thing.

What does anyone else think?

PF.xx

·
Registered
354 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi

You'd definitely need to fold the back seats to fit them in. Personally, I wouldn't do it if it means the car would be parked in public places with your suitcases in full view of passers by throughout your stay. However, if the cases are mainly going to be left at your accommodation and are only in the car whilst you are en-route, it should be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts