Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Collected our A1 today (Tuesday) Awesome little car!

The interior really is superb, high quality and plenty of tasteful touches going on. I really need to get the manual out tomorrow and take a good read. Is there a PDF version of the manual anywhere? I did notice there was a CD included in the welcome pack... Is it on there?

The only downsides today, were when the car cover was removed to reveal the car... The Aerial came off, haha. I had to screw it back on and i said 'It's falling apart already and i havent even got it out the showroom' :D

I did manage to get some free front rubber mats... Along with buying rear and boot mats.

I also gave the car a nice coat of VC wax today, before the rain arrives.

I just need to work out if the MMI can do the coverflow thing with track artwork

I will upload a pic in the morning :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Sounds like a classic moment with the aerial :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sure was Bob :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Bet your buzzing, I'm waiting on the phone call as we speak to pick it up....could be today, could be tomorrow or Friday.

I cant take this waiting anymore!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[album]559[/album]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope you pick it up soon Charlie... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
I know what you mean Charlie, I'm chewing at the bit waiting for mine to arrive. I took your advice and kept the bike & good job too because I'm not collecting mine on Friday any more, yesterday I had an email to say that its still sat at the docks in the UK so theres no way I will have it on Friday. Gutted, really wanted it for the weekend! Hopefully it should be early next week but who knows... :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
saturnskey said:
I know what you mean Charlie, I'm chewing at the bit waiting for mine to arrive. I took your advice and kept the bike & good job too because I'm not collecting mine on Friday any more, yesterday I had an email to say that its still sat at the docks in the UK so theres no way I will have it on Friday. Gutted, really wanted it for the weekend! Hopefully it should be early next week but who knows... :roll:
Is it really!! don't say that you'll get me worried :shock: . I'm assuming mine is at the dealership now as I have signed the Registration form, Have you had that??

My dealership said it had arrived in the UK last Thursday so I thought it would be in Watford by now...maybe not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Some familiar thoughts being posted here!

I too have been getting dealer updates saying 'on the ship' 'at the docks' etc etc but it seems it's impossible to know whether that means it's one, two, three or more weeks away!

I'm sure I've never been this excited about a new car before! Every time my phone rings I'm looking at the number hoping it's the dealership!

Congrats on the car Mojito, sounds great! Enjoy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Iv just had an email from my salesman:

"The car is still showing as being at the UK port and for some strange reason doesn't seem to be moving.

I will update you again tomorrow."

Its becoming a joke now, it ended up being a week 8 build so this means I have been waiting 5 weeks now and it is not even at the dealership!!

The worst thing is I still dont even have a date!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Yep, similar feelings here.

Just spoke to my dealer, the salesman who I've been dealing with was out of work today so I got 'the truth' from another salesman.

Turns out 'On the ship' (the status I'd been told for the last couple of weeks), actually means 'Sitting at Emden awaiting loading onto the ship'... and could be up to three weeks before it leaves Emden.

So my expected delivery date of first week in April now looks to be well and truly missed.

Not pleased!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Mojito said:
I just need to work out if the MMI can do the coverflow thing with track artwork
It has been reported by many on the forum that you don't get this functionality with the standard setup - apparently you need the Technology pack (with built-in HDD) to get this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Charliepeck1 said:
Is it really!! don't say that you'll get me worried :shock: . I'm assuming mine is at the dealership now as I have signed the Registration form, Have you had that??

My dealership said it had arrived in the UK last Thursday so I thought it would be in Watford by now...maybe not.
Charlie, no I haven't signed for that yet, but I have had another call today to say that its now on its way to the dealers and will be arriving with them on Monday, so fingers crossed can pick up Wednesday latest. Will keep you updated on the progress though.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LiamMac1988 said:
Mojito said:
I just need to work out if the MMI can do the coverflow thing with track artwork
It has been reported by many on the forum that you don't get this functionality with the standard setup - apparently you need the Technology pack (with built-in HDD) to get this.
Ahhh, thanks... I have managed to get the artwork to appear on the standard system, but not as coverflow. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm not sure... But will upload a pic in a few minutes!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Artwork on the standard Audi MMI system.

[album]560[/album]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
Mine shows artwork from SD card when it is saved to the tag, but because of the Apple system of not storing in the tag and referencing a file, it does not show from the ipod.

If anyone knows how to fix this it would be good :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
To fix the Apple artwork issue I found the only way was to convert all the tracks to MP3 and then use a software download (free) to add artwork to the MP3 file. The program I used automatically searches for the artwork. It took a good few hours to convert to MP3 then add artwork but now it's done and works well. Plus, it kept me distracted while I was waiting for my lovely A1 to be delivered!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
mmdrew said:
To fix the Apple artwork issue I found the only way was to convert all the tracks to MP3 and then use a software download (free) to add artwork to the MP3 file. The program I used automatically searches for the artwork. It took a good few hours to convert to MP3 then add artwork but now it's done and works well. Plus, it kept me distracted while I was waiting for my lovely A1 to be delivered!!
Not wishing to hijack this thread

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1797
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top