Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've had numerous Audi's previously but have been buying Land Rovers for the last couple of years. My wife has gone through the Z3/Mini and now Fiat 500 phase so we had a test drive last saturday of the A1 1.2.

Initially I thought it would be grossly underpowered, but am very pleasantly suprised. It had lots of go through the range and well into motorway speeds. It was a sport with the harder suspension so will want to try an SE.

As it's a second car I'm trying to keep the price down to £16,000 or so and the sport with a couple of extras fits well.

It's the first time I've tried stop/start and within a couple of stops I had the idea.

Biggest plus was the build quality, it was very well finished, refined and quiet.....and with no road tax (that will offset my £450 Discovery VEL) looks like a done deal.

Well done Audi

Regards

Jim

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
And your colour selection?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has to be white, never thought I would have a white car, but it suits the A1 and in fairness most Audis (except Q5/Q7)

Dealership had a sport in red and a black one with gobby wheels, black was just too much and I fear just eveyone will buy a red one...

·
Registered
811 Posts
Jojim65 said:
It was a sport with the harder suspension so will want to try an SE.
You can have a Sport with SE suspension as a no cost option! Check the electronic brochure from Audi website rather than the printed brochure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts