Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

On my Corsa I can use soapy water and a ragged sponge for the exterior and a hoover for the interior, but I'll be wanting to step my game up when I get my A1! Can somebody please give me a run down of the essentials they use cleaning their A1s and what they do? I only want to buy products for which the difference would be noticeable, and wouldn't mind splashing out for Autoglym or Poorboys etc. if they're markedly better than other brands! It might sound like a dumb question, but the Autoglym's comprehensive kit comes to £60 on Amazon and I'd hate to pay for that and only use a third of the products.

Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

Theres a few detailing guys on here who know more than myself.

I do have a detailing kit and some knowledge, i think Chunky Monkey is a detailer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here's an example of their work..on an Audi A1 :)

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detailing/ ... -line.html

The guys are local to me, and I've seen their work at first hand - the effort they put into customer cars, which include Ferrari Enzo, F40, Pagani Zonda, and virtually every other high performance car you can imagine, is unbelievable

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hi, I've bought a lot of my stuff from cleanyourcar.co.uk and monzacarcare.com - I spoke with Chunky Monkey here on the forum and he gave me quite a comprehensive list of products and instructions. I could PM you these if you like?

I've bought the kit, but haven't used it yet - I'm waiting til I get my A1!

I agree it's confusing with what to spend your money on, what will be worth the money and what's going to give the best results and performance. I've bought a lot of Zanio stuff.

PM me if you want the list and instructions :) hth

·
Registered
39 Posts
I shall be giving my A1 the same care I gave all my other cars, ie. First 2 weeks clean it.. after that, sod it.. :D

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
nettica said:
I shall be giving my A1 the same care I gave all my other cars, ie. First 2 weeks clean it.. after that, sod it.. :D
I'm appalled.

·
Registered
179 Posts
What a fantastic job polished bliss

·
Registered
512 Posts
Ollz said:
Hello!

On my Corsa I can use soapy water and a ragged sponge for the exterior and a hoover for the interior, but I'll be wanting to step my game up when I get my A1! Can somebody please give me a run down of the essentials they use cleaning their A1s and what they do? I only want to buy products for which the difference would be noticeable, and wouldn't mind splashing out for Autoglym or Poorboys etc. if they're markedly better than other brands! It might sound like a dumb question, but the Autoglym's comprehensive kit comes to £60 on Amazon and I'd hate to pay for that and only use a third of the products.

Many thanks.
Hope it wasnt Fairy Liquid haha :lol:

·
Registered
350 Posts
I definitely washed my Aygo in fairy liquid... once or twice.
Not recommended really.....
It did the job though!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the cleaning down, I've no idea how often I need to wax/polish though! I'll get there, thanks for all the comments!

gadgetgirl said:
Hi, I've bought a lot of my stuff from cleanyourcar.co.uk and monzacarcare.com - I spoke with Chunky Monkey here on the forum and he gave me quite a comprehensive list of products and instructions. I could PM you these if you like?

I've bought the kit, but haven't used it yet - I'm waiting til I get my A1!

I agree it's confusing with what to spend your money on, what will be worth the money and what's going to give the best results and performance. I've bought a lot of Zanio stuff.

PM me if you want the list and instructions :) hth
Aye if you could forward that on I'd be grateful!

shakeystevo said:
Ollz said:
Hello!

Many thanks.
Hope it wasnt Fairy Liquid haha :lol:
:oops:

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
gadgetgirl said:
I definitely washed my Aygo in fairy liquid... once or twice.
Not recommended really.....
It did the job though!
and look at the state of it now! :p

·
Registered
811 Posts
Snow Foam + Autoglym (AG) Products + Six Hours =

[album]1011[/album]
[album]1012[/album]

Wolf's Chemicals Deironizer (wheels)
Autobrite Super Snow Foam + Karcher pressure washer
Wash two bucket method with AG Bodywork Shampoo and lambs wool mitt
Dry with waffle towel
AG Intensive Tar Remover (as required)
AG Super Resin Polish with cotton polishing cloth
AG Extra Gloss Protection with cotton polishing cloth, finished with microfibre cloth
AG Glass Polish

·
Registered
67 Posts
My TTS with Snowfoam !!

Detailed

I currently use:
Bilberry - for Wheels
EZ Detail Brush ( for wheels )
Valet Pro - Snowfoam with Foam Lance on pressure washer
Sonus Sheepskin Wash Mitt x2
Chemical Guys Bodywash + Wax
two bucket method !!
Miracle Dryer - Ultra Plush towels x2
Microfibre Cloths for wheels / polish / wax
Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Autoglym Extra Gloss protection
Meguiars Endurance high Gloss (tyres)

Got to look after the Phantom Black with a no touch wash !!!

Just bought some new stuff ready for my A1 !!
Meguiars Gold Class Liquid Polish
Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax
Meguiars Even Coat Microfiber Applicator Pads

·
Registered
574 Posts
you should set aside at least 6 hrs to do inside and out of car
in my case i tend to go overboard and take out the seats
at this moment in time this is my method

Bilberry - for Wheels
EZ Detail Brush ( for wheels )i use 4 or 5 of these brushes all marked for specific jobs
Poorboys pre wash (i tend to clean around badges and all the inacessable bits with EZ brush)
Valet Pro - Snowfoam with Foam Lance on pressure washer
Meguiars Sheepskin Wash Mitt
Chemical Guys Bodywash + Wax or Meguiars gold diluted in a little warm water
two bucket method with guards
Ultra Plush towels 4 polar bear type towels (massive things 1 dries the car )also have 4 blue towels again 1 dries the car
Microfibre Cloths for wheels / polish / wax(all segregated so you dont mix them up i put them into clear bags we use at work and mark them so if i have 1 for polish it goes into a bag on its own with polish marked on bag and the type of polish im using )i tend to wash them all in wolllite after so long)
Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Autoglym Extra Gloss protection
Meguiars Endurance high Gloss (tyres)
wheels i polish with colonite and poorboys sealant

·
Registered
179 Posts
I like this thread heres what I use.

Autoglym Custom Wheel Cleaner for wheels
Autoglym Alloy Wheel Seal for seal
Swissvax detailing brush used to clean wheels
2 Bucket Method - 2 X Meguiars Grid Guarded Buckets
Bodywork washed with Meguiars Deep Crystal
Meguiars Lambswhool Wash Mitt
Autoglym Microfibre cloths for exterior polishing, Kent Autocare for wheels and exhaust
Autoglym Aqua Dry for drying off
Autogylm Super Resin Polish and sometimes a bit of Ultra Deep Shine
Dodo Juice Blue Haze for Wax
Car Plan "Tyre Slik" for trimming of wheels
Autoglym instensive tar remover to get rid of the bad bugs and tar
Simoniz bug shifter to get rid of the majority of the bugs
(If needed Meguiars Clay bar system)
and last but not least a Karcher jetwash with all the extras (can never be arsed with Snowfoaming)

·
Registered
131 Posts
mrfaize said:
Snow Foam + Autoglym Products + Six Hours =

[album]1011[/album]
[album]1012[/album]
Jesus that's impressive, did you add the lens flair? :p

·
Registered
75 Posts
I love snowfoam! Deffinetly the best part of cleaning :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Amen to a big clean... Nothing more pleasing than seeing the neighbours scratch their head when youv'e been doing the car for 2 days!!!!!!!

Juicy detailling are good too,. If you register you'll get 15% of orders too!!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts