Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else found that when you set your headlights to the auto , they come even when its still well light ( not when driving through any tunnels etc , just the normal road ) I worry that people will think im daff to do this.

But if you want to switch just your side lights on? youve got to flick the light switch past the auto marking , you'd think the side lights option would be before that marking? and then youve got to remember to switch the side lights off then or am i doing something wrong :?

·
Registered
75 Posts
You are not alone, the A4 I am driving also does this despite adjusting the light settings on the MMI, probably Audi being over cautious with the light sensor setting.

6 days to go to the new A1!

Phil

·
Registered
8 Posts
They do seem to come on in a morning of late but by about 8 go off. But fine in the evening. I just put it down to the angle of the sensor.

·
Registered
305 Posts
i had this issue on my a6 the whole time and the same thing on my mondeo prior to my a6... i wouldn't worry about it mate

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
daytonasliner said:
Anyone else found that when you set your headlights to the auto , they come even when its still well light ( not when driving through any tunnels etc , just the normal road ) I worry that people will think im daff to do this.

But if you want to switch just your side lights on? youve got to flick the light switch past the auto marking , you'd think the side lights option would be before that marking? and then youve got to remember to switch the side lights off then or am i doing something wrong :?
Dont worry about it ,people will assume you're driving a Volvo ! :lol:

·
Registered
305 Posts
butch said:
daytonasliner said:

Dont worry about it ,people will assume you're driving a Volvo ! :lol:
or a VW :D

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
One that makes me laugh...

Boy racers see the A1 and hit the headlights/fog lights so they can join in hahahaha

·
Registered
52 Posts
There is a setting in the MMI for the auto lights function. You can selected between Early, Normal, Late.

I have it set to late on my A5. If you are driving east on a late afternoon you might get the headlights on earlier than you would expect, but really what is the problem with that? The headlights are on. So?

·
Registered
274 Posts
chrischr said:
There is a setting in the MMI for the auto lights function. You can selected between Early, Normal, Late.
Where is this - I couldnt find it on a quick scan at the traffic lights this morning - it wasnt under car settings - unless it was on one of the 4 "corner buttons".

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
MDPlatts said:
chrischr said:
Where is this - I couldnt find it on a quick scan at the traffic lights this morning - it wasnt under car settings - unless it was on one of the 4 "corner buttons".
+1, had a look and couldn't find anything either

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
taconite2 said:
One that makes me laugh...

Boy racers see the A1 and hit the headlights/fog lights so they can join in hahahaha
Haha... I have noticed that too :lol:

·
Registered
108 Posts
The MMI options are not the same for all models as has been noted before. I also had a look in my settings but it is not there.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I would expect mine to have every option going - being as the only things I didnt order are the panoramic sun roof and the cd-changer - only the latter of which might have some input to whats on the MMI. And being a Feb11 car, has newer fw than the original 1st gen models - unless it got removed for being dangerous or shortening component lifetimes (in which case VCDS might have some input).

·
Registered
15 Posts
on my car the auto lights do the same, I sometimes wonder the point of sidelights with auto lights. A clever manufacturer would come up with a way of having two stage lights that utilise the two!!!!

With the A1 with auto lights are the DRL's on in the auto position?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
foxie said:
With or without auto lights they (the DRLs) are on with the ignition, no matter where the light switch is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
triplefan said:
foxie said:
With or without auto lights they (the DRLs) are on with the ignition, no matter where the light switch is.
:D Thanks (no doubt we will find out when Alf eventually gets delivered - her name for it not mine!!!)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I used to love Alf (the tv series) :D

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Mr Oak Eater said:
I used to love Alf (the tv series) :D
I thought for a minute you were talking about the bird from Yazoo :oops:

·
Registered
126 Posts
chrischr said:

I have it set to late on my A5. If you are driving east on a late afternoon you might get the headlights on earlier than you would expect, but really what is the problem with that? The headlights are on. So?
Sorry to ressurect this thread, but I am unable to find the setting to change this in the MMi - can you explicitly tell us where to look for it or maybe it does not exist ???? Would like to adjust mine if possible.

Mark

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.