Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the LED light pack fitted to the inside of my A1 and was wondering if there is something missing. I have the LED interior light, reading lights and lit up footwells. Illuminated door handles and pulls. It also has LED puddle lamps, but in the brochure it says "Ambient lighting of the centre console" My centre console does not have any lighting let alone ambient lighting.
Am I missing an ambient light in my centre console ? Does anyone with the LED light pack have an ambiently lit centre console ?
Mrs Simonski and I were looking forward to romantic drives out with an ambiently lit centre console, you can imagine our dismay when we found we didnt have an ambiance :shock:

·
Registered
23 Posts
No centre console ambient lighting on mine.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Look back on earlier threads - the console lighting is there, just difficult to see. There's a thin slot in the panel where the interior light switches are - it's there. hold you hand under it and you'll see. Wind up the brightness of the panel lights and it beomes a bit more apparent

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it isnt there. Just been out and checked with a compact mirror and there is definately no light shining ambiently onto my centre console from anywhere in the car. Oh well i will have to blue tac an LED parasol light onto my centre console to create an ambience.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Chelmersteve said:
Look back on earlier threads - the console lighting is there, just difficult to see. There's a thin slot in the panel where the interior light switches are - it's there. hold you hand under it and you'll see. Wind up the brightness of the panel lights and it beomes a bit more apparent
As Steve says, If you look at the interior lights you will see a very thin Strip behind the lights & switches.
It is RED (just in case you were expecting a White or blue light)

Hold your hand under it and you will see it shines down.
Of course make sure you have at least your sidelights on.

It is there just not very obvious.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's actually pathetic. It doesn't even light up the centre console. It just makes your hand glow red if you hold your hand under the rear view mirror. A bit pointless really. But the other interior lights are very cool.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Can the footwell LED lights be set so they stay on when its dark ?

one thing i did like on my mini , the little lights in the door handles and at the top where the seating belt come out the panel.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes footwell lights can be set to stay on and you can set the brightness all done through the MMI

·
Registered
60 Posts
daytonasliner said:

one thing i did like on my mini , the little lights in the door handles and at the top where the seating belt come out the panel.
I think the A1 interior lights are better than the mini. You can't change the colour (but I thought that was a bit tacky anyway). But it's a bright white light and the door panels look great when the lights are on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
daytonasliner said:

Yes you can set the background lighting in the footwells on the MMI. Great if you want to look at your new shoes whilst driving at night. :lol:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes, and with the Bose system you have the light round the front door speakers which looks good at night

·
Registered
84 Posts
The brightness of the LED lights are controlled from that single brightness dial on the MMI. The ambient lighting as well as the dash dials and switches brightness are controlled from the little dial next to the headlight switch.
If your LED lights are not on in the footwell, for instance when you first get in the car, all the other LEDs on the handles etc should also be off. If its just the footwells not lit up there maybe something wrong... as they are all connected. Either all on or all off. Put your hand under the inner door handle/grip and you should see them on/off. As said before you will need at least your sidelights (not the DRLs) on..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts