Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I just downgraded to a 1.4tfsi sport manual from a 3litre tdi s-tronic a4 s-line to save some money on running costs. I couldn't warrant spending the extra money on s-line spec and then the extra money for the led running lights on top of that. Is there any way I can substitute the bulbs in my daytime running lights to LEDs??
I am loving the drivability of the a1 and it's already saving me a fortune. Don't know where they got their 0-60 times from but I can hit 60 in 2nd gear in less than 7 seconds. Handles like it has quattro....:).

Only issue I am having is with the ami. When I connect my iPhone the track plays but no sound. When I disconnect and reconnect that sorts it. Anyone else with these problems???

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi, i did the same thing, downgraded from a 2.0l petrol a3 s-line, feeling the benefits cost wise already. With regard to the bulbs, have a look at Nipz "collected mine friday "topic on the forum he has changed his, there are pics & a thread where to buy, inexpensive & look great, i'm having some! :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the advice but was told that xenons are not road legal unless they have auto levelling so just looking to replace bulbs in daytime running lights.

·
Registered
921 Posts
As stated above you can change the 'conventional' DRL bulbs for LEDs (not Xenons)
You can't change the standard headlights for Xenons but you can get whiter bulbs - again look in the Forum.
Several members have done these mods

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again guys. Will definitely change the standard drls to led So it's just a matter of finding someone here in northern Ireland to do it. Any advice on the ami problem with the iPhone???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts