Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am very conservative and can't bring myself to place an order until I have seen the car in the metal. I know I will have to wait a long time if I place an order now, but does anyone know just how long the wait will be?
I have an Audi TT so at least I can drive a good car whilst waiting :? :?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Its worth shopping around - different dealers seem to have different lead times for new orders, some are even offering cars from pre-ordered stock. Chris Ryu on here had some available and audinow (audinow.co.uk) has a diesel on its site as avaialble. There was someone posted within the last couple of days that he'd been quoted April next year for a new order.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah most centres will have ordered their maximum to give them stock cars to sell around launch. We have one left now for November and 3/4 more for delivery this year.

Try to avoid the broker sites though, this is a no discount car and so you may as well get the service and support you are paying for. Plus the fact that all of these broker orders go through an Audi dealer and who's orders do you think the dealer prioritises? Their own retail customers or a third party customer they will never see again?

Current leadtimes are very unpredictable as this really depends on your spec and trim level, but currently it could be as early as Feb, or as late as May! If you PM me your spec, I'll try to give you a fair estimate as per the current factory loadings.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Test drove a diesel on Saturday at Blackburn Audi and very impressed. I went back on Sunday to order Sport version. Imagine my luck when the salesman said that a customer had ordered a Diesel Sline in white which was ready for collection and she was thinking of cancelling because her husband didn't like white cars. I got a phone call late Sunday afternoon saying the car was mine if I paid a deposit!!! All happened too quickly, but the car is ready for collection asap :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Wow, well done! Congratulations!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Aww you jammy sod!! very pleased for you :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Out Doncaster way last Monday and dropped into local Audi garage on off chance that they might have taken "early" delivery of thier demo model.
Only went to have a look , but demo 1.6 TDI Sport had arrived 20mins before I did ! Offered a test drive , so took it , ( who`d refuse ? ). Big mistake , one week later I`m still waiting for an opportune moment to tell wife that i`ve now got an Amalfi white with contrast roof trim and a few other bits 1.6TDI Sport on order !
But looking at beginning of March for delivery !!!
I was also quoted something like £350 for paint and upholstery protection but eventually dealt at £225 and set of rear floor mats.

·
Registered
151 Posts
SLALEY said:
Test drove a diesel on Saturday at Blackburn Audi and very impressed. I went back on Sunday to order Sport version. Imagine my luck when the salesman said that a customer had ordered a Diesel Sline in white which was ready for collection and she was thinking of cancelling because her husband didn't like white cars. I got a phone call late Sunday afternoon saying the car was mine if I paid a deposit!!! All happened too quickly, but the car is ready for collection asap :D :D :D
Amazingly lucky! I hope the car had the exact spec you wanted.

I'm sure there are a few A1's that are ready for collection, on cancelled orders. My car is ready for collection and then on Friday my hubby was told his job was perilous :shock: so we have put the final purchase on hold for a few days. Fortunately, things are now looking okay and I will hopefully have the car by the weekend, as originally planned. I was trying to face up to the prospect of cancelling my car and a whole different financial outlook beyond that.

Because a lot of people have had orders in the pipeline since May, there are bound to be quite a few unclaimed A1 orders, I think. So much can happen in a few months.

·
Registered
47 Posts
SLALEY said:
Wow, how lucky are you!!, i phoned my dealer with the intention of ordering for next year, only to be told they had been allocated 3 more (this was in september) was hoping to get mine end nov but looking to be mid december now, i suppose it's better than next march though...still not as jammy as you though. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
ChrisRyu said:
Yeah most centres will have ordered their maximum to give them stock cars to sell around launch. We have one left now for November and 3/4 more for delivery this year.

Try to avoid the broker sites though, this is a no discount car and so you may as well get the service and support you are paying for. Plus the fact that all of these broker orders go through an Audi dealer and who's orders do you think the dealer prioritises? Their own retail customers or a third party customer they will never see again?

Current leadtimes are very unpredictable as this really depends on your spec and trim level, but currently it could be as early as Feb, or as late as May! If you PM me your spec, I'll try to give you a fair estimate as per the current factory loadings.

Hope this helps
Hi I cant pm you as i havent used forums enough!!
If you can help, I paid £1000 deposit in march before ordering began and was told id have it for launch day, i ordered
1.4 tfsi manual sline, daytona grey, with tyre pressure indicator.
Apparantly my car is still in Germany!!!
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Chris

Can you give me an estimate on the lead time for the following model:

Audi A1 Hatch 3Dr 1.6TDi DPF SS 105 EU5 S line

Solid Paint: Amalfi White
Trim Details Sprint Cloth/Leather Upholstery - sports seats: Black
Transmission Manual
Options: Deletion of engine technology designation at rear, Door mirrors - heated and folding, Heated front seats, Light and rain sensors, Rear floor mats

Your advice appreciated! In Mid September I was quoted late November delivery for this car; then once about to place an order it became December/January 2012. Other posts on here lead me to believe that it could be considerably longer.

Thank you.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The only people who gave give you an accurate lead time are Audi dealers. They have a computer link to the factory which is updated at least once a week with the current lead times on all the different models. The lead time can change from week to week depending how many orders the factory has received from around the world.

I have just placed an order for a new A3 and I was given an estimated delivery date on February/March 2012 so it's not only the A1 that has extended delivery times. Once the factory have accepted the order and programmed the build the dealer will be able to see the build week.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
5 months for a 2 Litre diesel now......

·
Registered
165 Posts
taconite2 said:
5 months for a 2 Litre diesel now......
Yes, by all accounts the demand for the current A3 is still very high even though there is a new one due next year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts