Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that the latest TDI model (99g/km) will also be fitted with LED number plate lights. Anyone out there connected to Audi who knows when these may be available through the dealers for retro-fitting? I fancy this upgrade, and am aware that most of those replacements on e-bay either don't fit properly or throw up errors on the DIS. Here's hoping the Audi LED's are available at a reasonable cost!!!!!!????? soon!!!???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
I enquired a couple of weeks ago, and they are not available....yet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
i checked with my dealer just yesterday and hes gonna let me know when they come on for retro fit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
stephen.whitwood said:
I think these are going to be a very popular and cheap retro-fit.
Popular..........yes, cheap........not likely :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
About £30. I am sure another Audi model already has these and could be fitted to the A1?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After asking Stoke Audi Parts, I have managed to get a part number for A1 LED number plate lights:

4G0 943 021 at £9-47 each

They reckon 7-10 days for delivery. I have ordered some so will advise when fitted unless anybody beats me to it. I have xenon package and LED rear lights so I have fingers crossed they work and don't throw up any error codes!!!!! The dealers just dont know at the moment if they are a simple swap or if the car will need coding?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
I wonder if the bulbs are just the standard readily available festoon type* with the resistors built in or if there is more to it, haven't had a proper look around the number plate lights yet, wonder how easy they are to access...

*Can find these on eBay for not much £s,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
As previous threads had said, this can be done, i have them on mine:
http://www.autoledshop.com/enlarge.php? ... 22&pid=194

they will be bringing them out on the MY2012 models as far as i know

They are a bit brighter than most people might prefer but very good, comes with resistor fitted so doesnt bring any faults up have a look at my photos youll see them on there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought I read on a previous forum that the autoledshop replacements had a problem with the connections?

Most owners(I assume) are hoping that the original Audi LED lamps will be a 'no-fuss', simple retro-fit. I have my doubts however, that even these originals may have different connections and may produce errors on the DIS? Are there any Audi technicians/parts suppliers out there who may care to comment?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
You got your LEDs from Stoke Audi parts yet? Waiting for your update before I order mine....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
stephen.whitwood said:
I thought I read on a previous forum that the autoledshop replacements had a problem with the connections?

Most owners(I assume) are hoping that the original Audi LED lamps will be a 'no-fuss', simple retro-fit. I have my doubts however, that even these originals may have different connections and may produce errors on the DIS? Are there any Audi technicians/parts suppliers out there who may care to comment?
I got a second set from AutoLEDShop. The first ones I ordered brought up the bulb out warning after about 10 to 15 minutes of the lights coming on as I have the auto headlights. However Gavin at AutoLED sent me a second set that have a revised resistor on them and these work perfectly and look great. I've had no problem with the connections fitting and all worked fine in this respect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The original Audi LED's have arrived at Stoke Audi parts, so i expect to receive them by the end of the week. Like you, I was hoping someone might have beat me to it and given the 'thumbs-up' before me buying - but looks like i may be the 'guinea-pig' !!! Wish me luck - will advise when I have them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,229 Posts
XXXCorps said:
stephen.whitwood said:
I thought I read on a previous forum that the autoledshop replacements had a problem with the connections?

Most owners(I assume) are hoping that the original Audi LED lamps will be a 'no-fuss', simple retro-fit. I have my doubts however, that even these originals may have different connections and may produce errors on the DIS? Are there any Audi technicians/parts suppliers out there who may care to comment?
I got a second set from AutoLEDShop. The first ones I ordered brought up the bulb out warning after about 10 to 15 minutes of the lights coming on as I have the auto headlights. However Gavin at AutoLED sent me a second set that have a revised resistor on them and these work perfectly and look great. I've had no problem with the connections fitting and all worked fine in this respect.
I spoke to Gavin from AutoLEDShop today and he explained about the revised resistor. I'm just waiting on the A1 LED number plate lights report from Stephen.Whitwood, before I make the purchase. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guys

Just tried Audi LEDs part number 4G0 943 021 and they DO NOT FIT! The wiring connector is completely different to the standard 'festoon' number plate light holder, so as i suspected, a simple swap is not an option.

BigDeuce451 - do you mind trying the AutoLEDShop ones out and posting on this thread about the 'revised resistor' replacements? I, in the meantime will see if I can return to Stoke Audi Parts! Never Simples!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Just got mine from the Audi Dealer. Will fit and post some before and after pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,229 Posts
XXXCorps said:
stephen.whitwood said:
I thought I read on a previous forum that the autoledshop replacements had a problem with the connections?

Most owners(I assume) are hoping that the original Audi LED lamps will be a 'no-fuss', simple retro-fit. I have my doubts however, that even these originals may have different connections and may produce errors on the DIS? Are there any Audi technicians/parts suppliers out there who may care to comment?
I got a second set from AutoLEDShop. The first ones I ordered brought up the bulb out warning after about 10 to 15 minutes of the lights coming on as I have the auto headlights. However Gavin at AutoLED sent me a second set that have a revised resistor on them and these work perfectly and look great. I've had no problem with the connections fitting and all worked fine in this respect.
Read above.....XXXCorps installed the new revised resistor type and they gave him no problems. I just wanted a second opinion and/or in your case, someone to try the new Audi OEM LED's. I guess I'm buying the AutoLEDShop LED's. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Faba1 said:
Just got mine from the Audi Dealer. Will fit and post some before and after pics.
These are £11 each from the Audi dealer but when I spoke to them they couldn't say if they were compatible with the MY2011 or not. Very interested to hear Faba1's feedback on that...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
Faba1 said:
Just got mine from the Audi Dealer. Will fit and post some before and after pics.
Are yours the same part number as steven.whitwood?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,229 Posts
I just made the purchase of the "AUDI LED NUMBER PLATE LAMP" from AutoLEDshop. Should be here by early next week. I'll let you know what happens. :|
 
1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Top