Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Just back from an early morning trip to Bristol Audi. Jumped straight into a 1.2 TFSI sport and drove it through town and along the M32 & back. (It was a black one with silver arches).

Wow! What can I say? I was preparing to be underwhelmed after all the weeks of hype and media images, but it was love at first sight!

I only did half the test route as hubby was desperate to have a go too! But that was fine, 'cos it gave me a good chance to look around the instruments and take in the whole ambience without having to concentrate on the road.

Along the dual carriageway through Bristol is a series of A1 billboards that we drove by - felt a million dollars to be one of the only 1's on the road. Did see another demo coming the other way (cool lights!) but he must've had an incident of some sort 'cos he was stopped on the dual carriageway - eeeek!

Loved the start-stop thing, loved the seats, the instruments, the pop-up screen - well, loved everything really! Have now agreed to collect mine on Friday after work, so that I have next weekend to bond with it before driving it in earnest.

They had a solid teak brown SE on the forecourt - a cancelled order. I can see why the person would want to cancel it - car looked as dull as ditchwater - with nasty pale interior - yeuukkk!

Yay!!!! Feeling really buzzy now.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.....and I forgot to pay attention to those non-height-adjustable seat belts, which were mentioned on this forum. So, the belts must've been fine for me if I didn't notice them (I'm 5' 4" tall).

They had an all-White A1 all roped off ready for the owner to collect - the only car that they were handing over today, which surprised me. It looked absolutely fantastic. Audi teddy strapped into the passenger seat, waiting for a ride. I don't think he was complaining about the seat belt height either - LOL!

I've ordered the white, so was pleased to see one in the showroom and was pleased to see that the white is fairly sharp - not too creamy for my liking.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No pics sorry! I charged up my camera and took it along, but decided to wait until I collect mine on Friday to take any photos. No one is going to have to tell me to 'smile' for a picture on Friday - I'm beaming already.

What an utterly gorgeous car the A1 is - I am soon gonna have an album full of pictures of mine.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Lady_SadlyBroke, i am getting my A1 1.6TDI S Line from Bristol Audi, every time i go down there they aren't forthcoming with information just that they will let me know when it is coming in. Should be soon... Who is your Salesman?
Took the White Sport 1.6TDI out yesterday for an hour, very impressed, although i do think they are crafty putting all the DRL's on the sports demo models they have in, seen as people won't be able to order unless they choose S Line, pretty misleading i reckon.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lee3482 said:
Lady_SadlyBroke, i am getting my A1 1.6TDI S Line from Bristol Audi, every time i go down there they aren't forthcoming with information just that they will let me know when it is coming in. Should be soon... Who is your Salesman?
Took the White Sport 1.6TDI out yesterday for an hour, very impressed, although i do think they are crafty putting all the DRL's on the sports demo models they have in, seen as people won't be able to order unless they choose S Line, pretty misleading i reckon.
Lee, my salesman is James. My A1 is ready for collection, it's only because I insisted on seeing one in the metal before committing that stopped me from collecting yesterday. I don't think the Sport that I test drove yesterday had the Zenon/LED DRLs. They all have DRLs don't they? (in the form of normal sidelights). Anyway, you can now have the Zenon/LEDs on a Sport, but not with the Comfort Package (which I have ordered) - they changed this in the more recent brochure.

James is a likeable salesman, but apart from calling me the day after I placed my deposit, to advise that my order went confirmed immediately! I have found myself chasing him for updates since.

Unfortunately, a potential calamity arose on Friday where hubby's job is concerned and I am now stalling the dealer with registering the car to me (at which point my deposit won't be refundable) whilst I see what happens in the next few days. Fingers crossed for me please! I guess Bristol Audi will start chasing me as we get towards the end of the month.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just been for spin,Bury St Edmunds Audi,1.2 86bhp,amazing!!can not wait till next week,extra 35bhp should do the trick,in my 1.4 S-line. :D :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Lady_SadlyBroke, i have still got to sell my vw golf and my salesman said they will keep my A1 in the compound until next year if i want, hope someone buys it soon though dont think i would be able to wait knowing my A1 is just sitting there.
A1LDU i seen a black TFSI A1 yesteday and struggled to keep up with it in my 1.9TDI Golf 105PS, was pretty quick.
I test drove a 1.6TDI A1 on saturday for an hour, and like some others have found it was really tight, supposed to be quicker than my Golf but didn't feel it.
Also didn't realise they had changed to LED DRL's option to be available on Sport's bit gutted as i upgraded to S Line to have those lights, although they did have a Black S Line in the show room on Saturday and i have gotta say i was really impressed with the look with the extra body styling and the interior is awesome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.