Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After spotting a red a1 while my son and i were out one saturday afternoon i have taken the plunge and ordered one!.

1.6tdi s-line in Glacier white mettalic,privacy glass,folding mirrors,black styling package,18" rs4 type alloys,xennon lights,rain and light sensor,heated super sport seats in nappa leather,dab radio -audi upgrade,centre arm rest,electronic climate control,tyre pressure monitor,alluminium vents and service pack- i think thats all but will have to double check!!.

week 30 has been spoken about and i hope to take delivery in september, was a tough choice to pick a colour as i was sold on daytona grey but changed my mind at the last minute.

i cant wait...

·
Registered
442 Posts
Aww nice spec

·
Registered
33 Posts
Had mine just under two weeks now cracking little car...everyone gives it a really good look, so pleased....happy motoring the wait will be worth it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MAM said:
Had mine just under two weeks now cracking little car...everyone gives it a really good look, so pleased....happy motoring the wait will be worth it.
I would have liked it a little sooner but as this is my first ever brand new car then the wait will be worth it, I was thinking about getting the roof line in a different colour but at the minute I have just gone for the glacier White without it, probably to late to change my mind now as when I ordered the car the salesman said if I wanted to change things then please let us know in a few days otherwise it will be to late.

Car is coming from highland Audi in Inverness who have been very nice to do business with.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GWB1971 said:
After spotting a red a1 while my son and i were out one saturday afternoon i have taken the plunge and ordered one!.

1.6tdi s-line in Glacier white mettalic,privacy glass,folding mirrors,black styling package,18" rs4 type alloys,xennon lights,rain and light sensor,heated super sport seats in nappa leather,dab radio -audi upgrade,centre arm rest,electronic climate control,tyre pressure monitor,alluminium vents and service pack- i think thats all but will have to double check!!.

week 30 has been spoken about and i hope to take delivery in september, was a tough choice to pick a colour as i was sold on daytona grey but changed my mind at the last minute.

i cant wait...
WEEK 32 IS NOW BEING MENTIONED BY THE DEALER, looks like I may have to wait a little longer!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good news!, just heard from the dealer today and the car should be built first week in july and here for mid august and should be able to take delivery for the 1st september- happy days.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Great news and awesome spec! Very similar to my order. I couldn't add privacy glass at the last minute though :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice spec| Ordered Glacier White 1.4 S line myself back in May. Still no news at all from the dealer as to when it will be built/arrive. Pretty frustrating tbh when see people who have bought way after me being more in the know.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not long before the robots start to get busy welding the shell together then off to the paint shop!, I have showed the other half all the videos on you tube!, she just shakes her head now.

I'm trying to hide my excitement but it's not working.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not long to wait now, retention certificate for the private plate has been requested by the dealer and I think the car should be with them this week coming.

·
Registered
10 Posts
bloody hell thats a long wait?

i know the excitement!! cant sleep!!! lol

let us know when you get it!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It has arrived at the dealer!. Not heard a thing for ages and then yesterday lots of emails from the dealer telling me what was happening. Would have gone to see it but a family funeral and work commitments for the next week rule that out. Not long till sept so I will just have to be patient,if that's possible

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
6 sleeps to go!, just waiting for a handover time from the dealer then it's off on the train to Inverness and a happy bunny I will be.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered my 1.6 SE diesel at beginning of March & finally got it mid-August, after being told it would be delivered in mid-May. Struggled to get any updates from dealer, but they lent me a courtesy car, so I did 4000 free miles in their car :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts