Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am all set to collect my car on Friday.

I have arranged the 7 day insurance, although the £500 excess is a bit scary . I think I will put my annual insurance in place to start on the same day - so that the 7-day cover just allows my dealership to put through the tax & registration. I wouldn't have bothered with the 7 day insurance except that I can't get the documents for the annual cover to the dealership in time for the drive-away.

Question is, I have a quote from SheilasWheels for £224 and a quote from Audi for £287 (Audi quoted me £337 to begin with). Would the extra £63 be worth going with Audi? They have tried to pursuade me that it is better because any repairs would be via genuine Audi centres, but otherwise the cover seems to be very similar. £63 extra for a seamless Audi experience? Hmmm, not sure about that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
hi
I to got a quote from audi £320 but tescos quoted me £270,i read through the information on both and audi has a better cover so am thinking about going with them,i got my car stolen this year and was insured with zurich and what a hassle i had getting my money from them at no fault of my own,its a true saying you get what you pay for and that's another reason am thinking about going with audi.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
kaz6971 said:
hi
I to got a quote from audi £320 but tescos quoted me £270,i read through the information on both and audi has a better cover so am thinking about going with them,i got my car stolen this year and was insured with zurich and what a hassle i had getting my money from them at no fault of my own,its a true saying you get what you pay for and that's another reason am thinking about going with audi.
Just out of interest, Audi insurance is from Zurich.

As for there insurace, I think it is over priced and no better than most of the big players.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am sure the Audi insurance telesales person told me that the 7 day insurance is from Allianz. Is their annual insurance the same and is Allianz connected to Zurich?

·
Registered
70 Posts
aye your right i just looked at the cover but i dont think it has anything to do with zurich.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts