Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a feeling that the A1 is going to be smaller than most people expect. Because I am a greenie I run a Golf Bluemotion and have considered the A1 for a replacement next year. This weekend we will have 5 adults in my Golf, I reckon that there is no chance of that in an A1.

Phil

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well the A1 is not meant to be a big car, which I think is why a lot of people want it! There are only 4 seatbelts, so I think fitting 5 adults in it is extremely unlikely! Having seen and sat in one at Goodwood, there is plenty of space in the back for 2 adults, but I would not want to try to fit another there, especially if you have opted for the storage pack, in which case you lose the middle "seat".

If you want to fit 5 adults get an A3....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
take your point kks but an A3 is loads more money and no where near as cute. decisions decisions......

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
A1 is basically a Polo, size wise - it shares the same chassis.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your on the money Jae, if it drives as well as the new Polo (maybe better?) it will be really impressive.

·
Registered
166 Posts
As Jae said, the A1 and the Polo share the chassis with the Ibiza (and the Fabia?).
That's why differences in size are minimal: the A1 has more leg space both in front and in the back, but a not so tall person (1,80m) will touch the ceiling when seating in the back (not very comfortable, I've tried it! :mrgreen:).

And legally the maximum number of passengers in an A1 is 4, even if you choose not to have the cup holder in between both back seats.

Thing is I believe most people expect the A1 to be small. I know I do :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
It was bigger than I expected when I went to see it in the showroom on Friday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts