Audi A1 Forum banner

iPhone - A1 Bluetooth... No text message sound?

5K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Mojito 
#1 ·
Just noticed that when my iPhone is connected to the A1's bluetooth, there is no sound from either my phone or car when receiving a text message.

Is there a way i can get the sound back, without disconnecting the bluetooth?

#2 ·
I get this problem, the phone just vibrates when I recieve a message, I've just learned to live with it like that, another annoying thing about the Bluetooth is why is there no landline numbers in the contacts? Is that the norm or?

#3 ·
The contacts are straight from your phone - I get both landline and mobile numbers shown

#4 ·
Also Co-Pilot satnav App has no sound when connected to the car :(

#7 ·
Isn't this by design, the text sound? You are not meant to be reading the screen when driving after all

#12 ·
Managed to get Co Pilot sound working through the MMI. You have to select your phone on MMI as the source and it streams the satnav voice to the cars system. I think you can also stream music from your iphone as well at the same time. You can not listen to music from SD radio or CD when in this mode.

All sound from the iphone Works, apart from receiving texts and possibly email.

#13 ·
Sound from Apps also stream audio to the car. Just had Sky News playing and also a movie soundtrack pumping! :D

Place iphone in front of MMI and watch a film with great sound quality... A poor mans 'Technology Pack' haha.

#14 ·
Email alerts do work... And iTunes movie previews also.

A good idea would be to put a movie on your iphone, let the kids watch it in the back and put the stereo on rear speakers only! Should keep them quiet on a long journey! Haha

#17 ·
But what if our wives see messages on the MMI from our secret girlfriends? ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.