Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how much insurance I should be expecting to pay for my 1.4 TFSI Stronic 122 A1? Recently transfered my full international license less than 1 year ago and I am currently 23.
So what would be considered a good deal for me?

Also... which companies would you guys recommend trying to get quotes from? I mean companies that are not only reasonable but reliable? Which Insurance companies are most popular in the UK? I dont mind paying a little extra for a company that is trust worthy and well known.

Thanks for the help guys!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
I'm always a great example to go by as i'm an Insurer's NIGHTMARE. I'm 20 years old. I've got 6 points on my licence and i've only got 2 years no claims. I got a quote for a 1.4 TFSI 185 s-tronic for £844 per annum. For me that's a very good price.
That's Comprehensive. Always go comprehensive.
As the Audi is a new car, insurance companies haven't yet accumilated alot of data and statistics on that particular car...so compared to similar spec/engined mini's and so on, the insurance premiums are lower.

Directline, Churchill, Aviva, Elephant are all good ones in my experience. Esure are possibly the best but you're not old enough.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Fezz said:
I'm always a great example to go by as i'm an Insurer's NIGHTMARE. I'm 20 years old. I've got 6 points on my licence and i've only got 2 years no claims. I got a quote for a 1.4 TFSI 185 s-tronic for £844 per annum. For me that's a very good price.
That's Comprehensive. Always go comprehensive.
As the Audi is a new car, insurance companies haven't yet accumilated alot of data and statistics on that particular car...so compared to similar spec/engined mini's and so on, the insurance premiums are lower.

Directline, Churchill, Aviva, Elephant are all good ones in my experience. Esure are possibly the best but you're not old enough.
I'm a bit shocked by that, I'm 26 with 3 years no claim and no points on my license and I'm still quoted around £600 consistently through the comparison sites... Wonder if its due to the area, although the car lives in a secure compound when I'm at home. Unfortunately I don't think insurers really pay much attention to some of the detail!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Yeah, I was shocked too. I won't tell you what I pay for my current car....think more than twice that.

I'm fortunate, I live AB15 which is Aberdeen's richest and most safe post code....not that i'm rich mind you. I managed to sneak in! :p My car is just parked on the drive.

I was told that SP30's aren't really regarded as much in the insurance industry. It made a difference of £55 to my quote.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Also being a student reduces the price for some reason!?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Yes... Or a Teacher ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Very true! :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
So if you teach detailing, you could get it cheaper! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Mojito said:
So if you teach detailing, you could get it cheaper! ;)
Very wise! I could probably pull that off! :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Try Admiral or Bell, ive just turned 20 with 2 years no claims and my insurance is £700 Fully Comp on my 1.4 s line ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Dale said:
Try Admiral or Bell, ive just turned 20 with 2 years no claims and my insurance is £700 Fully Comp on my 1.4 s line ;)
Is that 122? Tbh that's really good price especially if you've just turned 20
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Fezz said:
Dale said:
Try Admiral or Bell, ive just turned 20 with 2 years no claims and my insurance is £700 Fully Comp on my 1.4 s line ;)
Is that 122? Tbh that's really good price especially if you've just turned 20
Yeh it is mate, but most people say that the insurance isnt much different on the 185 anyway?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Yeah mine is £844, but given the fact some polish bird rear-ended me and with my lovely points....eugh.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
£260 here :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
What a way to celebrate 2000 posts! Hehe ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Mojito said:
What a way to celebrate 2000 posts! Hehe ;)
Yeh but your ancient Mojito! Haha Only joking!!!

I can't wait until mine is that cheap, most of my friends pay that a month, ridiculous.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Dale said:
Mojito said:
What a way to celebrate 2000 posts! Hehe ;)
Yeh but your ancient Mojito! Haha Only joking!!!

I can't wait until mine is that cheap, most of my friends pay that a month, ridiculous.
I'm not that old... Well my oldest daughter is 16 :lol:

If i had to pay that per month, no way could i afford to buy an A1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Mojito said:
Dale said:
Mojito said:
What a way to celebrate 2000 posts! Hehe ;)
Yeh but your ancient Mojito! Haha Only joking!!!

I can't wait until mine is that cheap, most of my friends pay that a month, ridiculous.
I'm not that old... Well my oldest daughter is 16 :lol:

If i had to pay that per month, no way could i afford to buy an A1
I can trump that...I know a 19 year old guy who pays Over £7k a year for insurance for a 911 turbo.....I wish I was joking
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top