Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, has any A1 drivers had a problem with the instrument panel lights? sometimes I notice that the clocks are not illuminated other times they are perfectly fine.I know I will probably have to take it in but just wondered if anyone had experienced this fault

G

·
Are you refering to the dimming action they take according to the lighting conditions out side which is quite normal.

·
Registered
450 Posts
craigyboy said:
Hi, has any A1 drivers had a problem with the instrument panel lights? sometimes I notice that the clocks are not illuminated other times they are perfectly fine.I know I will probably have to take it in but just wondered if anyone had experienced this fault
Same thing confused me too but it's a safety feature in the car to let you know it's time to turn on your lights.......:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
silversurfer said:
Are you refering to the dimming action they take according to the lighting conditions out side which is quite normal.
No, sometimes when I start up they illuminate ( all clocks white) other times the speedo etc. is really dim regardless of outside conditions

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rghealth said:
craigyboy said:
Same thing confused me too but it's a safety feature in the car to let you know it's time to turn on your lights.......:)
When I start up they illuminate (white) then sometimes go off, sometimes they don,t come on at all.This can be at any time of day not just dusk.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rghealth said:
craigyboy said:
This happens at any time of day not just dusk, sometimes I start up and you can see the clocks illuminated other times they are definitely off, they have sometimes just gone of while I,m driving.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's normal and mentioned in the manual somewhere.

Mine does it even on a bright day as soon as I drive through a shaded area... like a tunnel of trees.

J.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts