Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've uploaded the cars in-car/online manual that can be viewed on the MMI screen (it comes on a CD-ROM with the Technology/MMI-3G/HD-Sat-Nav/Jukebox enabled cars (I believe)) to here - http://uploadrobots.com/WFZ8cd# (seemed to be the best site I could find with no waiting, ads or tempts to download some dodgy/malware to your PC). The file is 8MB in size, but expands to about 14MB.

This as I said, is normally uploaded onto the Jukebox Hard Drive - but you can now read it on your own PC at your leisure. It includes logs of pictures and diagrams - so its basically almost the same as the printed manual - just electronic.

Download it to your PC (or Mac?), put it into a folder, expand it and either click on the inhalt.html file (better) or the index.html file (not as good). Although I've virus checked it (when it left me) - the "caveat emptor" rule applies.

Should work with any browser - works perfectly with Chrome. Some good/clear images in there too.

(there is a 2nd copy here - in case that one disappears - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RXMWXFNC)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Thanks for this, we have been wanting these digitally for a while :)

Good job.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Someone promised to upload them months ago but didnt - so I had to wait until I got mine to read all about it. Why car manufacturers can't make them available electronically I don't know - I have PDF's for almost everything I have - including irons and toasters from their manufacturers.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Yea, we didnt have access to them! Great job!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem - hope you (and anyone else who has downloaded them) found them a useful addition to the paper manual and for those without the tech pack too of course - I'm assuming you only get the CD to load if you have the jukebox rather than people couldnt work out what to do with it (as its a CD which includes an ISO which includes the HTML (in lots of languages - though all the pics are in german).

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Thanks! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can just just put them on a SD-card and stick it in the MMI?

·
Registered
179 Posts
K3N8 said:
Can just just put them on a SD-card and stick it in the MMI?
I tried putting the files onto an SD card then went into MMI, pressed CAR then chose Handbook, it then asks to I want to update I press yes, then asks for whether its CD or SD etc I chose SD1 and then scans the SD card and then comes back with an error saying 'medium is currently unavailable'.

I think this needs someone to make a CD image from the original CD in either iso format or nero image then upload so we can take an exact copy.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes - the CD-ROM is a CD-ROM - but it then contains an ISO image of a CD-ROM - which includes other things - I've only kept the UK/English part of the ISO - I could upload the ISO off the CD-ROM and you try that - but I suspect it might need the proper CD-ROM.

Why they don't give it with all cars I don't know - but the same goes for the full manual as a PDF (though that is easier for people to then copy and make books out of I guess).

I'll upload the ISO file (and anything else on the CD) to somewhere.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Right - I've uploaded it to here now - though thinking about it, where this gets you I don't know - probably nowhere. I would expect that you need the HD-SatNav/Tech-Pack/Jukebox to store the files - i.e. it doesnt run them from the CD-ROM - it uploads and stores them. And since you didnt get the CD-ROM with your car - then I'm presuming you don't have the HD-SatNav/Tech-Pack/Jukebox.

I couldnt use uploadrobots - as the file is 71MB in size (zipped) - so its here :- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=81VE3PZ7 (it sometimes takes a while to appear - virus checking probably). The file is called Audi_A1.ZIP - and is a ZIP of the root folder - one TXT file and one folder of the CD-ROM - the folder then includes 3 folders each with two more levels inside it each then including one file - 1 TXT, 1 ISO and one MANIFEST.

Enjoy - FWIW.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have the same - so where is your CD-ROM then ?

Mine came with the manual - in a carboard envelope labelled "Audi A1 Onboard" - and a picture of putting it into the slot loader, pressing the "Car" button and then the "top right" of the 4 selection buttons - so I did it not knowing what it would do.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Strange - its just a cardboard sleeve - not a jewel case, could be easy to miss - or the dealership thought you'd not notice.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.