Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone gettin any squeaks or rattles yet ??? my s-line passenger seat has an annoying rattle when nobody is sitting in the seat,If you hold the top it stops.There is also a rattle to panel to left of the gear stick,plastic side panel.
My car only been used since last friday and 600miles.This is my fisrt Audi and sold it on build quality,bit disappointed.
I have a major issue with salesman /dealership but will not mention this to give them time to sort first although waiting on call back since friday on this matter....

·
Registered
19 Posts
build quality of my s-line is fine (apart from having the wrong spoiler) but have noticed that the gloss black air vents cause an annoying reflection in the wing mirrors. Have also noticed that led lights in the footwells - if set at high - reflect in wing mirrors - this was after my husband messed around with them - not taking him out in it again.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi

Mine seems beautifully quiet - not a squeak or a rattle to be heard. I have noticed a couple of very slightly irritating design features though:-

[*]Driver's seat doesn't stay tilted whilst accessing the rear seats - seems to depend on seat height adjustment

[*]Rainwater/Dirt finds its way in around the door cills/hinge area much more than other cars I have owned - but I haven't had a white car before!

[*]Air vents reflect onto door mirrors

·
Registered
42 Posts
I notice a slight noise in back of mine sometimes. It maybe the cover over the spare wheel. It sounds like a small thump.

·
Registered
442 Posts
awww sorry to hear that , hope your dealer have a look into it for you.

I posted a thread lastweek if anyone found any new A1 clips on youtube? and while flicking throu youtube , someone posted up a video of them pressing on a number of bits and bobs inside the car and I was a bit surprized they did make noises and sounds. Il try and look for it again later and if i find it il attach it in a thread :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
My car is due to go back into the workshop to get replacement plugs fitted in the doors :? anyone know what they are for? I got a squeak at the right hand air vent and they tell me this will solve it! I also got a very loud rattle / bumping noise at the back and thought there was something loose in the tailgate. Turns out the heatshield was loose and they had to tighten the brackets :eek: . Nico, maybe get your noise looked at!

other than that, what a quality car :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my learners have been asking what the circles in the door mirrors are ,they are bit annoying for them.
will need to wait until get time off to take car in for rattles as its a working car and days off cost money and i bought Audi quality to hopefully avoid the regular visits to dearler with niggles.
just got a little bit good news altho not totally satisfied, reduced bill for dual control fittin down to £150. still thot was part of deal but ......

·
Registered
145 Posts
I noticed the circles on the mirrors but could not work out what they were. Also the bonnet release handle came off in my hand today. Come to think about it the sales guys did spend a bit to long as he reached into the car to pop the bonnet and show me it had an engine. So I think it was broken then but he said nothing. Rest of cars fine however.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I had bad dash rattles on my Ibiza but they went away after a few weeks.Also I have had a few 2 door cars with seat back rattles.I would leave them a while as taking things apart may create more.

·
Registered
220 Posts
It was only a matter of time before a topic like this came about!

Hope everyone gets their cars sorted out and fingers crossed mine is all ok :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
been in the car working today and the seat rattle is begining to really annoy me,found myself driving along the road with one hand on the wheel and other on the back of the seat to stop it ha ha how sad.I need to take time off work to get it fixed. car only done 800 miles aaaaahhhh. Wonder if they will compensate me for loss of income while car in garage and i cant work ??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
karenm said:
You do seem to have been unlucky Rob, hope you manage to sort out your dealer and your squeaks.
hi karen , started to use my car last fri ,sat,mon & today and clocked up 800 miles teaching. im on 3rd tank of fuel and averaged a poor 47mpg teaching howz ur diesel consumption??
My pupils like the car and gettin major glances from general public and tx s from ex pupils looking for shots.
Only hassle is rattles Ha Ha

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
had my car booked into dealership to get car rattles etc looked at. been told they need my car for whole day to try sort the seat. the paint flaked off section off my rear bumper defuser, they have had to order replacement part. so looks like i will loose complete day off work to get sorted after only one and half weeks of use... i hope this will not be an ongoing thing and build quality is better

·
Registered
445 Posts
apart from the chipped paint(not heard from dealer about repair yet) its fine there was a slight rattle from passenger seat but seems to have gone.The cars with rattles have you checked your tyre pressure? When we collected my wifes car
the ride was really firm on checking the tyres they were all 20psi over pressure!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mines def not tyre pressure,if you your not moving and nudge the seat it rattles,gettin worse.really annoying only stops when passenger in the seat. they need the car for a day and im waiting on part for rear bumper that paint flaked off so gettin both done at same time so car not off road for 2 days,mines working car.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Seat rattle - is your seat adjusted fully to the rear on the slides? On my A3 it used to do this but sliding it forward one notch off the backstop solved it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
tried all ajustments,its def the back of the seat not the base.tried it in dif positions. dealer wants car for a day to try fix it. getting replacement defuser where paint flaked off. any one else had this on s-line..???

1 - 20 of 27 Posts