Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a daughter who is around 2 and half years old and I am picking my 185 A1 tomorrow. I know it is a little late now :mrgreen: but how do people who already have the A1 find it? How practical is it?

What child seat is best fitted for the A1?

Thanks.

·
Registered
450 Posts
geoxis said:
Hello all,

I have a daughter who is around 2 and half years old and I am picking my 185 A1 tomorrow. I know it is a little late now :mrgreen: but how do people who already have the A1 find it? How practical is it?

What child seat is best fitted for the A1?

Thanks.
I have a four year old daughter and a nine month old boy. The 185 is grand as seats slide all the way forward and you can literally stand in the back and set them in. Honestly it's grand and my daughter loves getting sucked into the seat when I plant the foot.....:). Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi geoxis, and welcome!

I've not got mine yet but we did take or son with us for the extended test drive. He's a tall 6 years old and he loved the car, both being in the front and back. He had plenty of room, good height for seeing out the window and had great fun once dad had taught him how to set the speed limit warning.

The only thing he wanted was a cupholder in the back so we added the storage pack.

As for car seats, I would always go Britax all the way. The A1 does have Isofix but if you don't want to go down this route, the Britax 3-2-1 is a great seat as the back detaches and it becomes a booster seat when your daughter gets big enough.

PF. Xxx

·
Registered
450 Posts
geoxis said:
Thanks for that... rghealth

Can I further ask: What car seat do you have? I am thinking of getting the Recaro one that Audi sells: http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/owners-area/ ... ryId%3D484. Is it any good?

Thanks.
Definitely not my field of expertise regarding make but I think it's a britax. Really easy to install and my daughter is just in a booster seat. If the Audi child seat is anything like their options it will probably be overpriced so shop elsewhere unless you can get it thrown in for free of course......:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your replies. I have picked up my 185 A1 today and I absolutely love it... The Audi seats are on back orders, they just can't get parts in apparently... I am going to John Lewis or Halfords I guess. Britax seems to be the one that everyone uses... I will check it out.

Thanks.

G

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went for the Recaro young sport... as I believe it was the best fit in the A1 and looks nice too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts