Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I know this has been touched on briefly, but I was wondering if anyone knew the steps needed to install the rear parking sensors? How do they hook up to the electrics/cabin?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
chrisw said:
Hi All,

I know this has been touched on briefly, but I was wondering if anyone knew the steps needed to install the rear parking sensors? How do they hook up to the electrics/cabin?

Thanks,

Chris
Tempted to just say very, but see below

Audi instructions basically as follows, cables are referenced by colour with plenty of diagrams.

Connect the 4 park sensors together and pass loom into boot space. Remove sound proofing and stick control unit to wheel arch, ditto for beeper. Connect power loom to control box, connect earth lead, cut reverse light lead and splice together with red wire from power loom using supplied connector.

Bumper has cut-out positions marked on the inside, there is a calibrating procedure to follow, and if painting the sensors there are 4 plastic rings supplied to fit into the groove in the sensor prior to painting, and then removed wile the paint is still soft.

Once I get the sensors changed from Amalfi to Daytona I will be doing an installation write-up with pics similar to the armrest how-to :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply triplefan - it does sound straightforward - your installation write up would be most appreciated! :)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
If i can find the time I'll copy the installation instructions. PM me your email address.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.