Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Guess the answer to that is no............let us know how you get on

Kufatec sell all sorts of cables, looms and equipment for Audis, and they respond to english emails :D

http://www.kufatec.de

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys, I just retrofitted the auto dimming mirror by myself...

[album]1286[/album]
[album]1287[/album]

If you have rain sensor and you want to retrofit the Auto Dimming Mirror, the part number is # 8X0857511E color code 4pk for Black. It is a direct plug and play and should take you less than 20 mins. No tools required ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Niiiice bro. Out of interest, how much was the part? It looks pretty sweet fair play. Is it just a case of clipping the new mirror in in place of the old one? Or is the connector somewhere else?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is £181.53 from Stoke Audi.

You need to take the whole mirror out in order to put the new one on.
It is a fairly easy job to do, but if you are no comfortable on doing it, this can be done by any of the windshield shop, and should take them less than 5 min (toke me 20mins)to do the job.

·
Registered
448 Posts
triplefan said:
Guess the answer to that is no............let us know how you get on

Kufatec sell all sorts of cables, looms and equipment for Audis, and they respond to english emails :D

http://www.kufatec.de
they have a UK website too, http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/

they used to be called something different, as my colleague got them to do something on his A5 and also him BMW X1.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yh its good the Kufatec UK shop they have some of those LED number plate lights for VW polo, golf etc, they may fit A1? Could be worth a try

·
Registered
574 Posts
Alipapa said:
Guys, I just retrofitted the auto dimming mirror by myself...

[album]1286[/album]
[album]1287[/album]

If you have rain sensor and you want to retrofit the Auto Dimming Mirror, the part number is # 8X0857511E color code 4pk for Black. It is a direct plug and play and should take you less than 20 mins. No tools required ;)
Alipap that is so cool im having one of those,so is it really easy to do like?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Do you have to have the rain sensors for it to work?

·
Registered
574 Posts
that lets me out ive got the bog standard one fixed to the windscreen

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Guys

I've just ordered the dimming rear view mirror. I have the rain&light pack so its just a plug&play op. I have to remove the old mirror. Does anyone know how to do this or how easy it is? Any advice would be great, as I don't just wanna pull the whole thing off?

Cheers folks :cool:

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Can you tells us the part number and price? That is one thing i miss in my BE that my old A1 had.

Someone on here has fitted one, no idea where the post is though.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think this is the relevant one - like for like

"WARNING
The glass of the automatic anti-dazzle interior mirror -Y7- consists of several layers and contains an electrolyte which lends the mirror its properties. Watch out for liquid electrolyte escaping from a shattered mirror.
The liquid electrolyte can cause irritation of the skin, eyes and respiratory organs.
Should liquid electrolyte come into contact with the eyes or skin, it is to be rinsed off immediately with copious amounts of water. If the irritation persists, consult a doctor without delay.

Caution
The liquid electrolyte escaping from a shattered mirror will damage any plastic surfaces with which it comes into contact. Remove any spilt electrolyte immediately with clean water and a sponge. "

1 - 20 of 56 Posts