Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive just ordered s line tdi in white today.
my last 3 cars have been mini cooper D s so looking for change.
i do 45k per annum as driving inst, if any fellow adi s out there have ordered a1 would like to here your thoughts.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Another ADI, I have ordered the SE 1.6TDI in white, only do about 30k per year, had the new shape pink fiesta since last March. I am in Surrey, where abouts are you? have you tried to sort out the He Mans?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I contract hire my cars so I can claim 50% of the vat and offset some against my tax (Self Employed) The TDI is the cheapest monthly cost out of all the engine choices. I have ordered the SLine in white with Bose

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi,
im in north east scotland, arbroath & forfar test centres.
ive phoned He Man and they say they have to physically get an A1 to measure for dual controls so no idea when they will have them ready.
they said they have had quite few adi s phoned asking about availability.
i left my home on sunday to order SE model then moved to sport cause didnt like wheels on SE plus needed extras then by time reached garage seen pics of alloys on sport and thought need diff ones and then thought what the hell in car 6 days week 9 til 9.30 so spoil myself with S LINE.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have loads of extras in my fiesta and had a good think about what I needed before ordering the A1, never use the crusie control, I can turn on the windscreen wipers and lights but love the wing mirrors that fold in so ordered them, loved the lazy ideal of low tyre indicator and can't wait to play with the info that tells you what gear you are in and what gear you should be in..... will upgrade the next one.
I do agree we spend a lot of hours in our cars so why not enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i like cruise control but didnt order,thought about it.
the only thing i didnt order and wished i had ordered was heated mirrors and washer jets which i have on the mini cooper d and was put to use in our bad winter.i will maybe phone tomorrow and see if too late to add.
the mini has the gear up/down info but didnt encouage pupils to use, bad enough them lookin at speedo and wandering ha ha.on the mini it gets you to change bit early to save fuel along with stop / start, bit boring but prob saves you some fuel.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have been told on here you can turn off the stop/start by pressing a button above the hazzard lights, I know I might not use the info but as never had it before thought I would try it.
Going to miss the heated front wind screen you get with the Fiesta, was great in the cold weather.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi. ive managed to add the heated mirrors and washer jets today, worried if we have another bad winter like last. they were so helpfull on mini.
i got told my build week around 41- 44 so hopefully all ok before jan VAT increase. when you getting yours?
i keep the stop/start on all time,most pupils get used to it from day one unless really nervous.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
agree with heated front window had that on my ford kuga. it should be standard on all cars

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
at least you know when your getting your new car,just need dual controls to allow you to get started.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts