Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Im Jack and im from Bristol had my a1 since december and been tuning and tweaking ever since lots more to do :)

have struggled to find a A1 forum thats busy so hopefully this is the one... here is my A1 its a 1.4tfsi sport what do you think?

First Standard Pic....

Rear Debadged....

Then Springs Arrived...

Lowered...

Then I Had The Grill And Badge Done In Gloss Black...

The Got A New Pipercross Panel Filter...

Few Current Pics...

finally... these turned up yesterday and going on tomorrow ;)!

opinions please :)!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Jack,
I am from Bristol Also, I have a Amafali White TDI S Line (pics in gallery)
Have only seen a few about in Bristol, will keep an eye out for you.

Do you have a tuning box on your A1?

Lee

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi,

nice car. I would really like to see some pics with those wheels on :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
mines and yours could be twins...................................... only i dont have new wheels or new filter or uprated shocks or painted grill or reversing pack :lol:but its the same colour and model and i have the same wheels before you change :lol:and yes its very nice i think its yummy ............................so when you doing mine?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Jack

I think you've been spotted. Hubby told me he saw your car around Frampton Cotterell and Winterbourne a couple of times since December. He mentioned it 'cos yours was the first other A1 he saw on the road.

I'm in Bradley Stoke, but I haven't seen you myself (yet). Will keep an eye out.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Looks great Jack, how much has it been lowered? I was thinking about some -35mm H&R springs and 15mm spacers.

Do you have a SS exhaust fitted? Those wheels are going to look great! They 19's?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Welcome Jack

Did see the car at Coombe, looks good lower, cant wait to see those wheel on!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow what a response thank you all its nice to get onto a busy a1 forum!!

firstly yep that could have easily been me in frampton/ winterbourne as i live in yate...

and second if anyone does want any help on were i have sourced my parts ect i will be happy to :)

thirdly nope no ss system yet, and no tuning box either im booked in to have a re map at south west in car tech :) if you want there number let me know!! its lowered 30mm all round on kw springs not a cheap option but in my opinion the best i plan to swap to coilovers very sooon!!!

finally im sad to say the wheels went on today and came back off... i need spacers at least 5mm so i have just orderd them and should be able to get the wheels on saturday... when they were on they looked amazing they are 18's and i cant wait to show u all but im guna have to make u all wait :) sorry!! was gutted!! :(

thanks again for the warm welcome and hope to see you around really soon!!

Jack

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
madant_uk said:
Welcome Jack

Did see the car at Coombe, looks good lower, cant wait to see those wheel on!
ps i would really be interested in finding out abit about your exhaust... if thats not to cheeky haha :)!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can I just ask, when you ordered the car why did you bother upgrading to the 17" 5-spoke alloys if you were only going to replace them with aftermarkets as soon as you got the car?

I can only assume that changing them wasn't planned at the time of ordering? Otherwise seems like a pointless waste of money :?

·
Registered
52 Posts
LiamMac1988 said:
Can I just ask, when you ordered the car why did you bother upgrading to the 17" 5-spoke alloys if you were only going to replace them with aftermarkets as soon as you got the car?

I can only assume that changing them wasn't planned at the time of ordering? Otherwise seems like a pointless waste of money :?
The tuning bug comes after you place your order... :twisted:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Very nice, going to look much better with the new wheels, I'm not a fan of those current ones at all!

You've also convinced me to take off the audi rings at the back, I've taken off the A1 and TFSI and had been deliberating and playing with Photoshop to decide on the rings but it looks really good! :)

Let me know how you find the remap, I've been hassling revo for a while but they still haven't brought one out for the a1 s-tronic yet. :(

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LiamMac1988 said:

certainly... up untill december 2010 i was a new car sales man for citroen uk and i had my heart set on a citroen DS3 as i was leaving the company and had to buy my own car... then on boxing day i saw the audi a1 in cabot circus car park bristol... and went set up a test drive fell in love and bought one... i then dropped the bomb shell that it had to be white had to be the 1.4tfsi sport and i wanted it in 3 WEEKS haha as i was due to leave citroen and loose my company car... this is the only one they could find for me in that time scale so after pulling a few strings i got a good deal and the car with out the long wait :) i was always planning to change the wheels and probably will sell the 17's on here if anyone is interested :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
richieshore said:
Very nice, going to look much better with the new wheels, I'm not a fan of those current ones at all!

You've also convinced me to take off the audi rings at the back, I've taken off the A1 and TFSI and had been deliberating and playing with Photoshop to decide on the rings but it looks really good! :)

Let me know how you find the remap, I've been hassling revo for a while but they still haven't brought one out for the a1 s-tronic yet. :(
i will let you know how i get on and i think swict will probably be able to do your s tronic they are very good!! :) and tbh i wasnt a fan of the back at first loosing the badges really makes it look better in my opinon :) gives it a real smooth euro look... as per the rest of the car just felt the badges look out of place :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks great and I really like your choice of wheels - I can't wait to see them on your A1.

I've been thinking of completely de-badging the rear like you have but I think it suits your sport much more than the S-Line. I've done a Photoshop but can't make my mind up.

I'm after some pressed plates like yours, where did you get them from?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
in my opinion ebay are the bext for pressed plates :) £20 done just make sure you get the ones with the rounded edges the others can be really cheap if in doubt then dubmister :)

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
YEAH!!! Looks DOPE! :D

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Not a fan of stickers though! ;)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.