Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, my names Stu and I'm from the south of England.

I recently visited my local Audi dealer to look at the A3 and was completely taken by the A1 which I hadn't seen prior to my visit. The next day I went back to the dealer to discuss the car, models, extras, and to take a test drive in a very nice A1 S Line demonstrator.

I'm going back to the dealer on Saturday to get a quote with a view to buying an A1 S Line 1.6 TDi on PCP, however I have a few questions I was hoping this forum could answer:

• Is Audi Finance the best way of buying? I see there are lots of other online PCP brokers/companies (with generally bad websites I might add!) that seem to offer better deals/prices. Any advice or personal recommendations here appreciated![/*]
  • The salesman said there were no offers on the A1 and the prices would be from the brochure. I find it hard to believe there is no movement for a deal of some sort, does anyone have any experience with this?[/*]
  • The salesman at my local dealer highly recommends I buy their £399+VAT Autoglym package, I assume this is a way for them to make a quick buck!?[/*]

Sorry for the essay, I love the car and am really excited about becoming an A1 owner!

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hey Stu, first of all, welcome to the forums.

In response to your questions:

Is Audi Finance the best way of buying? I see there are lots of other online PCP brokers/companies (with generally bad websites I might add!) that seem to offer better deals/prices. Any advice or personal recommendations here appreciated! - It depends on your circumstances. Do you want to keep the car longer than 3/4 years? If so then finance may be the best option. If you tend to change your cars every 3/4 years PCP is very attractive. I won't go into the ins and out of PCP, there is lots of information on-line. I have PCP and got a very good deal.

The salesman said there were no offers on the A1 and the prices would be from the brochure. I find it hard to believe there is no movement for a deal of some sort, does anyone have any experience with this? - unfortunately your salesman is correct, no offers are around for the A1, it's the list price or nothing. However, many on here have managed to get bits and bobs added to secure the deal i.e. getting the Autoglym free or mats etc... depends how good your haggling skills are ;)

The salesman at my local dealer highly recommends I buy their £399+VAT Autoglym package, I assume this is a way for them to make a quick buck!? - I have it and think it's OK, but I wouldn't pay £399! I managed to get it as part of the deal, along with alloy wheel cover. My advice would be to haggle as much as you can. This Autoglym package is done by the dealers wholly, so they set the prices, drive a hard bargain :D the detailing kit that comes with it is quite good, but that can easily be bought on eBay.

Hope this helps a bit.
Andrew

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Andrew, I really appreciate your response! :)

I'm looking at PCP because I am looking at changing the car after 3/4 years. I've read lots of articles about PCP and how it works but I was hoping for more of a recommendation on whether people stick with the offer from an actual Audi dealer or use one of these online dealers/brokers such as nationwidevehiclecontracts.co.uk or drivethedeal.com. As it stands I'd much rather stick to an Audi dealer unless there were personal recommendations from a handful of happy(!) users.

I was thinking about going for the mats when I see him on Saturday, I feel like I need to get at least something for my business!

Many thanks!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Personally, I stuck with Audi directly. Therefore if I have any issues I know who I can go back to if something does go wrong etc...

I didnt consider and 3rd party supplier. However, I do know several on here have looked at them and I am sure someone will reply soon with their recommendations/views.

Andrew

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shakeystevo said:
Personally, I stuck with Audi directly. Therefore if I have any issues I know who I can go back to if something does go wrong etc...

I didnt consider and 3rd party supplier. However, I do know several on here have looked at them and I am sure someone will reply soon with their recommendations/views.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew.

I completely agree with you, I think I'd prefer and probably will just stick with Audi :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Like I say, It was personal choice. Have a shop about and see what is offered :)

Bottom line, the car is brochure price so not sure how much (if) 3rd party dealers can offer one cheaper.

Andrew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.