Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had their wiper tray drains clogged? If so, here's a helpful tip for you......

There are four located on the wiper tray. If water pools up and does not drain from the wiper tray, it might mean the plug holes are blocked. The best working clearance can be achieved by opening the bonnet ("Popping the hood", for the Yanks).

(I couldn't find a name for the black plastic area where the wipers are housed. Nothing was stated in the owners manual so I called it a "Wiper Tray Drain Tube".)

I noticed this while I was washing my A1. I felt for the drain plug hole and it was blocked somewhere in the line. I cleared it by putting a flexible plastic zip tie in all the plug holes and pushing it through gently. I felt some resistance, and then it started to drain out quickly. I also rotated the zip tie after it finished draining, just to make sure the interior of the drain tube was cleared.

NOTE: You don't have to use a plastic zip tie, but I would suggest something flexible and not able to fall apart within the drain tube.

I guess that's a check I'll accomplish during car washes from now on. I'll attach some photo's when I get a chance.

;)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Thanks for the tip, shame it will be lost in a day or two.

Why doesnt this forum have some more sections

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.