Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, but I've been following the A1 since before it was launched and I want one!!

I'm a girly petrol head - although I like driving and love cars I know NOTHING about mechanics!

I've sold my old car privately as part-ex offers on the table from the dealer weren't good :(

I would like the 1.4 TFSI S-Line (manual) in Either Phantom Black or Mizano Red with a contrasting silver roof line.

I'd also like the following optionals:

Electronic Climate control
Electirc Door Mirrors
Audi Sound

Possibly Xenon Headlights - are they really worth it?! What's the difference?!

I've seen from posts on here that to get any discount on the A1 is tricky but my local dealer (north west region) won't offer me anything bar a full tank of petrol. Can any of you recommend a dealer near them? I'm not asking the earth - free option colour or free Contrast roof line is all I'm after. I've seen that some dealers will deliver nationwide so if there's someone with a bit more to offer me then I'd definitely order one.

I love the car but I don't want to have to donate a kidney to pay for it :lol:

If anyone can offer me advice or even just tell me what they think of their A1, it would be nice to hear from you.

If I can't eek something out of Audi, I may have to look at one of the A1's cousins as a compromise :( perish the thought!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Try the www.honestjohn.co.uk website and go on new car prices. He gives the new car discounts available for all cars.
I also live in the N.West and the most I could get was free rear mats and service pack. I ordered mine on the internet and went down south to collect mine. Got twice the discount on offer up here.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Hey there,
First of all we would like to know your name! Haha ;)

Ok, seriously... try here for a online quote. www.bettercardeal.co.uk

They give 4% discount on the A1 plus all options. You deal with the dealer they pass you onto and pay the dealer direct. The website get a commission for recommending you.

Xenons are a must!!! Believe me, you will regret not going for them.

I hope you stay and enjoy the forum banter, as it is quite fun in here! ;)

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
There's a few north west dealers offering freebies now....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got mine from an Audi in lincolnshire and managed to get £560.00 discount (5 V 17" BI-colour alloys thrown in) + the £250.00 service plan thrown in as well.
£810 altogether but i had to go for that exact brand new car and not wait for one with xenons, (im guessing the just needed to boost sales that week) :lol:

I would go for £500 and im sure you can get it if you push them enough.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
taconite2 said:
There's a few north west dealers offering freebies now....
Hi Taconite,

Thanks for your reply.

I can't send private messages on my profile yet but I've tried the first garage you mentioned.

I'm willing to go anywhere really if I can get myself the best possible deal. I tried the new Ford Focus last night which was full of gadgets but not got the wow factor of the A1. I'm smitten with the A1 but need to get my skates on as my car has been sold privately and they'll be wanting me to hand it over.

Thanks again for your response - very helpful and this Forum's great - everyone's really friendly :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow! Can't believe how friendly everyone is on here :D

I never thought I'd see the day when I joined a "forum" but it's so worthwhile and so much info, it's amazing!

Thanks to everyone who's replied and given me their honest advice.

Couple more questions to put to the vote. Do I go for S-Line:

Misano Red + Ice metallic contract roof line OR Phantom Black + Ice metallic contrast roof line??
I'm thinking black as not as in your face but sophisticated - but are there loads of black A1's? I don't like to be one of the sheep and the same as everyone else!!

Oh, and is there much difference between the Audi Sound system (£225??) and the standard i.e. free system you get as standard? Other options I'm thinking of are electric door mirrors, Electronic climate control... Any recommendations?

From the replies re: Xenon lights - I'm now convinced they're a must.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mojito said:
Hey there,
First of all we would like to know your name! Haha ;)

Ok, seriously... try here for a online quote. http://www.bettercardeal.co.uk

They give 4% discount on the A1 plus all options. You deal with the dealer they pass you onto and pay the dealer direct. The website get a commission for recommending you.

Xenons are a must!!! Believe me, you will regret not going for them.

I hope you stay and enjoy the forum banter, as it is quite fun in here! ;)
Yeah, I didn't think that one through did I Mojito?! Hee hee, at least you'll recognise me IF I get personalised plates on my A1!!
I've tried BCD's I'll contact them and see what they're offering :cool: You're right about the banter what a nice crowd you A1 owner's are ;)

Thanks for the advice and speak again sometime :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pantheruncia said:
Got mine from an Audi in lincolnshire and managed to get £560.00 discount (5 V 17" BI-colour alloys thrown in) + the £250.00 service plan thrown in as well.
£810 altogether but i had to go for that exact brand new car and not wait for one with xenons, (im guessing the just needed to boost sales that week) :lol:

I would go for £500 and im sure you can get it if you push them enough.
Thanks for your advice Panther, much apprecicated.

TVM

:)

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
j407nek said:
Yeah, I didn't think that one through did I Mojito?! Hee hee, at least you'll recognise me IF I get personalised plates on my A1!!
I've tried BCD's I'll contact them and see what they're offering :cool: You're right about the banter what a nice crowd you A1 owner's are ;)

Thanks for the advice and speak again sometime :)
You are welcome!
There is a shoutbox on the 'Board Index' age if you need help on something asap... There is normally someone on there, who can help along with the humour! :lol:

I'm the private plate hustler on here, i think i have managed to get about 4 people buy a pp, haha... Let me know if you need help! ;)

Oh, i would say go S-Line with Xenons... Some of the colours dont suit the contrast line imo.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
j407nek said:
Wow! Can't believe how friendly everyone is on here :D

I never thought I'd see the day when I joined a "forum" but it's so worthwhile and so much info, it's amazing!

Thanks to everyone who's replied and given me their honest advice.

Couple more questions to put to the vote. Do I go for S-Line:

Misano Red + Ice metallic contract roof line OR Phantom Black + Ice metallic contrast roof line??
I'm thinking black as not as in your face but sophisticated - but are there loads of black A1's? I don't like to be one of the sheep and the same as everyone else!!

Oh, and is there much difference between the Audi Sound system (£225??) and the standard i.e. free system you get as standard? Other options I'm thinking of are electric door mirrors, Electronic climate control... Any recommendations?

From the replies re: Xenon lights - I'm now convinced they're a must.
I have a courtesy car at the mo in misano with silver contrast - not seen one in Lancs..

Black - seen one on the m61 near chorley, and one near preston :p

You looking to do finance? You can seriously haggle on price...

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Mojito said:
I'm the private plate hustler on here, i think i have managed to get about 4 people buy a pp, haha... Let me know if you need help! ;)

Oh, i would say go S-Line with Xenons... Some of the colours dont suit the contrast line imo.
Still waiting for you to find me a good one! :p

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
taconite2 said:
Mojito said:

Still waiting for you to find me a good one! :p
Get in the Que, Female hotties first! :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts