Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now had my new A1 for three weeks (500 miles) and am not quite as happy as I had hoped. Basically it is a 1.4 TFSI Sport but with so called Dynamic suspension (SE) and 16inch wheels. Trading in a BMW 1series I expected it to be as smooth but am finding the A1 really hard.
1st question: Is there anyway to find out that I have got the softer SE suspension say with ref. to the vin or chassis no. My dealer just asserts that if you ordered dynamic suspension that's what you've got!
I find the tyre noise dreadful.... sounds as if the A/C is on full blast all the time, it isn't - do I just have to live with it?
Talking of tyres....on the BM I had run flats now I have ordinary tyres with a complicated repair kit. Thinking about a space saver wheel.
2nd question: How does it sit in the well? do I have to take out all the gubbins and then does it rest on the battery and is that satisfactory.
It is an odd thing that the speedometer does not have the main UK speed limits marked, namely 30/70, so it is not quite as quick to to see that one is breaking the law!
Stop/Start. Aught to be great but the wretched thing stops within a second or so have to turn it off to get safely into the garage which has a press button opening door. Can stop/start be adjusted to turn off with a longer delay?
One last groan - a great gearbox and a super engine but wish the box wan't so clunky at low and manoeuvring speeds and at least am now getting just on 40mpg., the real reason for changing. Love my paddles too. :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
There is tool on the Audi.de website that you can register. You enter your VIN number and the system displays all the options on the car. So that should tell you exactly what your build configuration was. The website is in German though. I visit it using Chrome that has the auto-translate feature so it translates it for me.

https://secure-www.audi.de/de/brand/de/ ... yaudi.htx/

·
Registered
921 Posts
re tyre noise - check your pressures, many on here have found their tyres over inflated on delivery
re spare - there's some pics I posted showing the spare sitting over the battery - it doesn't rest on the battery but on the tool tray
If speed limits worry you thn you can always set the audible warning at whatever figures you want

·
Registered
619 Posts
Regarding the speedometer, If I'm in a average speed camera zone or something I generally put the middle screen to Digital Speedometer, might be something you can do if you are worried!

And about the start stop - I generally just keep the clutch down if I know I'm going to be going again soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all the posts in reply. Finally succeeded in going through Chrome and managed to get the cars spec. via the vin no. Seems I do have dynamic suspension with sport wheels, so that's all right. But.....in translation I have Fabric Heart Palpitations on the Sport Sits...just makes you wonder! Groanalot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts