Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Please accept my apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place or missed a similar post; I have looked but haven't seen anything relevant.

Anyway, I've just finished my degree and have decided it's time to treat myself! I've fallen in love with the A1, and I'm currently crunching some numbers trying to make sure I can comfortably afford it without suffering a noticeable decline in my quality of life. Anyway, I'd just like some advice on leasing from Audi. I have a figure in my head about what I'd be comfortable paying, but I want to cement that in my head before I go down the dealer and make a rash decision. Having been through the process of car-buying with a mate recently (He's ordered the new C-class coupe) I know how convincing sales reps can be, especially when you already have your heart set on a car.

I know disclosing financial information is a bit sensitive, but if anybody could be so kind as to give me some info or advice with regards to their monthly payments, deposits and terms etc it would be fantastic. I want to be in as strong a position as possible before I go down to Audi. I've been considering various models and specifications, and the one I choose will very much be down to the lease package I can get. My preference would be an s-line, with extras that come in around £21,000, if that helps.

I'm sorry for the essay, but as it's my first purchase of this nature I'm terrified (and absolutely excited)! Thanks in advance for any advice you guys could give me. And all the best with your beautiful A1's!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
2000 deposit- 337 month- 36 payments on PCP...cant remember what balloon is but who cares really lol

S line 1.6tdi with pearl paint, bi xenons, climate control and bose sound system-5 yr service plan and GAP

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate, I really appreciate your help! Forgive my ignorance, but am I right in saying the balloon amount isn't what the car was actually worth brand new? If I'm right, what was the car's actual value, if you don't mind me asking? Don't feel obliged to disclose that mate, I appreciate your help enough as it is.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's not going to make much difference. The A1 is a "no discount car" at the moment so if you try and negotiate a price, the salesman will politely laugh in your face.

·
Registered
44 Posts
oh and my numbers are pretty much exactly the same as the post above for a similar spec.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sport 1.6 tdi, metallic, comfort pack, connectivity pack, storage pack, interior LED pack, tyre pressure indicator, mats, 5-year service plan (free). Total price - £18,045 OTR

£1500 and something deposit, £300 per month for 36 months (husband and salesman laughing at my minor OCD about round numbers, so bizarre deposit amount was agreed to make monthly payments a perfectly round number; husband then proceeded to pay bizarre immediate downpayment so the collection balance is also a perfectly round number). Balloon payment is around £8000-£8300, if I remember correctly off the top of my head.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks purplefeet, that helps put into perspective what kind of price I'm looking at. And congratulations on satisfying your OCD at the same time as buying a great car!

And bigfod, I wasn't expecting to be getting discounts or anything; that wasn't what I was trying to find out. I'm more interested in how the extras, years, deposit etc affect the monthly costs. If I can get a ball park figure into my head before I go to the dealership, I can stop myself from just accepting what the salesman says and base everything off that price. Thanks for your input anyway, though!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Audi won't vary their finance deals, they'll only offer you what their computer says and no matter which dealership you go to the numbers will be the same as long as it's the same spec and same GFV - I think that's what bigfod was referring to as well. You'll be safe going to the dealer and seeing if their options plan suits, otherwise there's always a personal loan or external finance. I can't give you my figures though because I bought mine outright.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ive ordered a 1.4 (122) s-line stronic with extras so it comes to around 21.5k

£1500 deposit, payment will be about 36 x £390 with a around a £9k balloon payment (i think)

what i am interested to know is will i keep my deposit or even make a bit ?

i will do about 30k miles in 3 years and would need it to be worth 10.5k at end of the 3 years

could be tight and i will be 'fooked' if i come out before the 2 years as the extras options wont be paid for !!

residuals, residuals ............. hold pls

·
Registered
28 Posts
To add;

each 1k of extras equates to £27

if you come out of a pcp earlier its likely you will have the reminder of what the extras cost deducted from your residual

some extras will carry some weight (maybe 1/3 or 1/4)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers for the reply darrenwls, but I think you might be misunderstanding me too (unless it's just me confused, in which case, sorry for being such a tool!). I know that Audi's figures won't change between dealerships, or customers or salespeople, I guess what I'm trying to find out is for my own financial peace of mind. I'd just like to know what people are paying, so that when I go to the dealer I don't end up to agreeing to extras I don't really want! I just want to know what I want, and how much it will cost, so that I can budget for that price and say no to any unnecessary extras!

And also, thanks Johny1980, those figures are a big help...especially the 1k = £27 formula. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
305 Posts
i paid for my a1 in postage stamps

·
Registered
305 Posts
ONLY JOKING!!!!

My a1 cost just over £18k, £500 deposit... £325 a month for 48 months... final balloon £7000 something.

All the best.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To add, the reason I'm asking is because I can't see any kind of finance calculator on the Audi website, and only have their finance example to go by. These figures are helping me to see what £x,000 worth of car will cost per month, so that I can decided what I want to pay!

And thanks jollyretard!

·
Registered
146 Posts
No problem! Quick question, have you used the configurator on the website? When I ordered mine I went in with a printout of exactly what I wanted and the price was set in stone (apart from the vat increase but I'd factored that in). I knew my budget and configured the sport and added climate control, heated seats, connectivity pack etc etc and as expected the dealer suggested selling me up to the s-line.. But the price grew far too high to still have the same level of features.

Other things they'll try to add on is lifeshine, some chip repair insurance, gap insurance (you'll find gap cheaper online) a full service maintenance and tyres plan and one or two other bits. (Bear in mind there's a 5 year service plan for only £250) If you want to consider these you don't have to make a decision immediately, just order the car at the spec you want and put down a part deposit which you can agree with the dealer - the rest is flexible until closer to the time you actually get the car. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haha yeh mate I've been on it. In fact, I've barely left it alone for a few weeks! I really want this bloody car, but I'm so used to being a penny pinching student that I feel completely out of my comfort zone. I'm trying to strike a balance between being sensible and taking the plunge for a car I know I deserve! What's making everything worse (or better, depending on which way you look at it) is that I have researched some more financially friendly alternatives, such as Fiesta's and 500's...and they seem to work out more expensive per month anyway, due to their low residual values.

Thanks for the advice regarding the bolt-ons...that's the type of stuff that's making me anxious! Ahhh, decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
89raikessj said:
Haha yeh mate I've been on it. In fact, I've barely left it alone for a few weeks! I really want this bloody car, but I'm so used to being a penny pinching student that I feel completely out of my comfort zone. I'm trying to strike a balance between being sensible and taking the plunge for a car I know I deserve! What's making everything worse (or better, depending on which way you look at it) is that I have researched some more financially friendly alternatives, such as Fiesta's and 500's...and they seem to work out more expensive per month anyway, due to their low residual values.

Thanks for the advice regarding the bolt-ons...that's the type of stuff that's making me anxious! Ahhh, decisions, decisions.
Wouldnt bother with ford I get an extra 1000 off fiestas as I get privilidge discount and a diesel zetec s worked out 300 with 1000 deposit. When you think the fiesta doesnt have half the options as audi its a joke!

·
Registered
31 Posts
TDI 1.6 Sport for me with advance key and bluetooth prep. paid a £500 refundable deposit and my payments are initial £954 then 23 x £278

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
duggie1982 said:
TDI 1.6 Sport for me with advance key and bluetooth prep. paid a £500 refundable deposit and my paments are initial £954 then 23 x £278
Wow, that's a great package you have there. How much was the ROTR price, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not sure about the ROTR, forgot to say its a PCH not PCP and allowed to do 12000 miles pa

Got messed about with my SE order from October so got this deal from the dealer through the leasing company as the guy at leasing company said he would not be able to offer that himself.

Just checked on audi's website ROTR is £16620

1 - 20 of 42 Posts