Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've been viewing this forum as a lurker since I ordered my car in May.

I'm awaiting my 1.6Sport TDi in Amalfi White to arrive. It is a 2012 model.

I checked the order system over the weekend and found that it's due to be at a dealers by the end of July - so delivery early August. It's a company car and thought it was due in September. Finding out that it has been brought forward was a very pleasant surprise.

I was looking around for a car that was reduced tax and wanted something fun, solid, new, exciting.....was thinking VW Scirocco but the tax was too high...and for some reason I'd totally discounted the A1...don't know why, must have been confusing it in my head with the old A2....luckily my father mentioned he'd seen a really nice car in a supermarket car park the day before I was about to order something significantly inferior....a quick trip to the Audi dealer and it was an instant decision - it felt right!

I've ordered sunroof, navigation, media and other things that I can't quite recall and it will probably take a week or so to work out how everything works. Very much looking forward to having a car that has technology to play with that is more complex than a toaster* and of course the driving, the new car smell, vastly reduced tax etc...

Regards

Steve

* I haven't ever had a car that has had any what could be described as modern technology... this isn't because there were not nice or new cars but just never seemed to get one that had anything more complex than a radio CD and cruise control!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Steve

Bet your excited! I ordered mine on 27th January and I got an email to say it finally landed in the UK Friday and will be ready early August! To say its been a long wait is an understatement! :D

Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts