Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all A1 people.
i had the unfortunate case of my heater resistor not working, the heater Fan only works on No 4 setting, so i looked for help on line and even the forum briefly touch on it.
Sorry guys/girls no pictures but if you follow a You Tube vid on "MK 5 Polo Heater Resistor removal" and this is just the same as the A1.
So the first thing is to remove all screws that hold the glove box.
Open the glove box and remove the two screws at the rear and then the three at the top of the box.
The remove the three screws under the bottom of the dash/glovebox.
Open the passenger door and take off the plastic fuse box panel and remove the final screw.
The glovebox will drop onto the floor.
DO NOT REMOVE ANY WIRING FROM THE GLOVE BOX - air bag light will start flashing if you disconnect so dont

Just like the Vid of the MK 5 polo the Resistor is behind a metal rod that supports the dash etc.. so put you hand in and turn the Resistor about a quarter and lift away, then gentle pull it through the wires and once in front of the metal rod remove the connector and re-connect the new resistor, again push it through past the wiring and place the resistor into the hole and quarter turn (clockwise).
Put on ignition and try the fan at No 1, Then No 2 etc.. to see if it works(it should)
Then place the glovebox back into its location and screw back on the screws try the fan again.
Bet you Audi would charge hundreds for This fix

D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this problem and read the above , it was a great description of how to change the fan speed resistor, there were a couple of extra things I had to do , there were an extra 2 screws at the base of the glove box and unless you had 5 year old hands 😂 I had to remove the fan casing which was just four screw’s although a little tricky to access but possible.Tested the fan before reversing the process and it worked perfectly. Thank you for the information!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts