Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I picked up my A1 on Tuesday and it is fantastic! Drives perfect, feels great amd looks good too. However how do u activate the heated wing mirrors..? Driving me mad lol

Thanks
Rob.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Rob

Heated Mirrors are NOT standard, they are only heated if you buy the folding option.

When we went to the dealer to configure our SE, there was an option for Heated only (not Folding). However, when sales went to put it into the system. The option disappeared and So saleman amended the order to the folding mirror option - just to get them heated.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have to say I was a little shocked at the lack of heated mirrors when I took delivery of mine back in December. Considering the Golfs come with them as standard. Seems that Audi are being a bit tight!

I was curious if it would be possible to add the heated mirrors after but like others have said its part of the folding mirror package.

:(

·
Registered
921 Posts
VW Polo has what appears to be the same mirror housing and heating comes (as standard) without folding on them. If the wiring is there it may be possible to change the switch and mirror glasses. (The glasses may even already have the heating element on the back of them). Maybe if anyone is interested they could ask jrh to use his VAG parts catalogue to check the parts are the same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Maybe the packages are different in Norway than in the UK but heated wing mirrors are standard here. I must say they work great! The mirrors heat up when the rear window defroster is switched on. By the time I've scraped the windscreen the mirrors are clean. :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Erik,Careful scraping your windscreen!! and do the mirrors fold on locking,in Norway. :) Damn i have fallen into the evil trap. :cry:

·
Registered
9 Posts
No, the mirrors don't automatically fold upon locking.

I just read the thread regarding the windscreen scratches :eek:. Every morning the car is covered in ice and frost so I'll just have to take my chances. :?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Had heated mirrors on my mini and they weather cant of been that cold my way cus I could really tell if they did anything.

Whats the A1 front screen like for defrosting with the heaters full blasted on to them? same question to those of you who have the climate control extra

·
Registered
145 Posts
Had a quick look on Etka and all the mirrors would seem to be heated . I'll look for fuses etc in the car and see if it just a case of enabling them. My mini ones were on all the time with no switch , What are other Audi's like.???

·
Registered
921 Posts
There's a 'heat' postion on the rotary switch (its the position between the left and right mirror selectors) - dealer told me to leave it in that position and they will heat automatically when the temperature is low enough. (My previous A3 didn't have a switch, like jrh's Mini, but the Golf GTI did)

With climate control defrosting is quite good - there's a dedicated button that selects the temperature, airflow direction and fan speed. When all is clear you just select 'auto' again and it goes back to your preferred temperature.

·
Registered
442 Posts
il take a cuppa out with me to drink while wait :lol: :lol:

reading the other thread ref scratches the windscreen , I arent gonna want to put a scrapper on the windows :( id be gutted to scratch my windows , but dont like using de icer either

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
We ordered heated wing mirrors as an extra on the A1 F's S Line. Really helps and cannot understand why this is not a. available to the UK or b. not standard in Europe

·
Registered
145 Posts
My switch has mid position but not a heated sign like it shows in the manual but the only difference I can see is that the fibre optic illumination of the switch has a different part from those that with folding. I'll try the mid position and see what happens.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jae said:
We ordered heated wing mirrors as an extra on the A1 F's S Line. Really helps and cannot understand why this is not a. available to the UK or b. not standard in Europe
On the option list for both the base Attraction model and the Ambition model heated wing mirrors are standard. Last I checked Norway was still geographically a part of Europe ;). Wonder why they're not consistent at least in the colder parts of Europe.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Its all down to the Marketeers at the local Audi companies in each country I would think.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts