Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my new A1 TFSI don't have a heat shield under the bonnet.The hood gets realy hot.i 'm sure this will nacker the paint after a while.I see the TDI has a heat shield.does that mean the TDI runs hotter?I don't this so.Can anyone shed any light on this issue.Cheers Russ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
I have a 1.4 TFSI and there is no heat shield/padding on the underside of the bonnet but my car does not get hot, even after a hard drive. I would get this checked out.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
873 Posts
Do you mean the black foam under the bonnet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
taconite2 said:
Do you mean the black foam under the bonnet?
I would say that's what they are on about. I wondered about why it had none as my A3 had it previous. Still another weight saving idea from audi to keep emissions lower I suppose. If it needed it due to heat it would have been fitted.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
873 Posts
That's not a heat shield - it's for sound proofing the diesel is noisier than the petrol...most vw's tdi cars have this..

As for the paint getting damaged these cars are tested in the dessert for thousands of miles before they ever see mass production. if however the engine temp needle or paint damage does appear to get out of control take it in for repair.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,229 Posts
taconite2 said:
That's not a heat shield - it's for sound proofing the diesel is noisier than the petrol...most vw's tdi cars have this..

As for the paint getting damaged these cars are tested in the dessert for thousands of miles before they ever see mass production. if however the engine temp needle or paint damage does appear to get out of control take it in for repair.
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, LMFAO!!! :lol: .......taconite2..........Exactly what type of dessert was your A1 tested in? Was it something like a Banana Creme Pie or a Pecan Pie or maybe a lovely Custard? Perhaps a delicious Mexican Flan....Rice Pudding perhaps? My A1 was tested in a hardcore desert environment and baby, that was some serious heat. :shock:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
873 Posts
chocolate cake actually! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Does this mean the 1.6 TDi comes with sound proofing as i have just ordered car an want to know if i need to order sound proofing or not. thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
Herne said:
Does this mean the 1.6 TDi comes with sound proofing as i have just ordered car an want to know if i need to order sound proofing or not. thanks
Yes the diesel comes with sound proofing as standard :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
BigDeuce451 said:
taconite2 said:
That's not a heat shield - it's for sound proofing the diesel is noisier than the petrol...most vw's tdi cars have this..

As for the paint getting damaged these cars are tested in the dessert for thousands of miles before they ever see mass production. if however the engine temp needle or paint damage does appear to get out of control take it in for repair.
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, LMAO!!! :lol: .......taconite2..........Exactly what type of dessert was your A1 tested in? Was it something like a Banana Creme Pie or a Pecan Pie or maybe a lovely Custard? Perhaps a delicious Mexican Flan....Rice Pudding perhaps? My A1 was tested in a hardcore desert environment and baby, that was some serious heat. :shock:
:lol:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top